Gadgets V10

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
grubby65
Model of CNC Machine: DIY build WoodSmith Magazine design

Gadgets V10

Post by grubby65 »

Has anyone had success loading new gadgets into Version 10? I can't seem to get them to load, even tried installing the ones from Version 9.5 with no success.

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Re: Gadgets V10

Post by gregk »

I've just tried installing Circle Resize Gadget and it installed fine.
Which gadget did you try to install? How are you installing them? Did you use 'Install New Gadget...' from the Gadgets menu?

Greg K

Inchlaggan
Model of CNC Machine: Stepcraft 420

Post by Inchlaggan »

Gadgets did not migrate from 9.5 to 10.
It is possible to install (new) gadgets in 10 but the failure to migrate is annoying.

AdamJ
Vectric Staff

Post by AdamJ »

Hi All,

There have been some fairly signifigant changes to the gadgets API, hence why we could not automatically migrate them, however we have included version 10 gadgets for all of our shipped ones and we would be happy to take a look at issues with any gadgets that will not work with the latest version.

Thanks,
Adam

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

here have been some fairly significant changes to the gadgets API, hence why we could not automatically migrate them, however we have included version 10 gadgets for all of our shipped ones and we would be happy to take a look at issues with any gadgets that will not work with the latest version.

I think any gadget that's not included is an issue. Four I spot right away is Halftoner, Radius All Corners, Replace Below, Texture Toolbox, that I have in V 9 but can't import to V 10. Others I have need yet would be nice to have should I ever need them.

Gary

gregk
Vectric Staff

Post by gregk »

Halftoner and Texture Toolbox is available to download from http://gadgets.vectric.com/V10/library.html
I can install them without any issues. Do you get any error message? Any other symptoms?

Th Replace Below gadget is now replaced by the built-in modelling tool (Aspire-only, like the original gadget).
The Radius All Corners seems to be missing even from V9 gadget library for some reason... we will look into restoring it shortly.
Apologies for the inconvenience.

Greg K

tvannaman2000
Model of CNC Machine: X-Carve

Post by tvannaman2000 »

I can't get them installed. VC is looking for a .gadget file and the .zip files I download only have .lua or .css files. I followed the link to make sure I was downloading V10 gadgets.

--- Update

IE was renaming the .vgadget file as .zip which was killing me. Once I renamed it, I could install.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

tvannaman2000 wrote:I can't get them installed. VC is looking for a .gadget file and the .zip files I download only have .lua or .css files. I followed the link to make sure I was downloading V10 gadgets.

--- Update

IE was renaming the .vgadget file as .zip which was killing me. Once I renamed it, I could install.
if it's a zip file you have downloaded then you will need to extract the files from their zipped state. Right click on the zip file, you should then see the option to extract. Once extracted you should be able to install as normal :lol: :lol: