Aspire Version 10 is available now!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Aspire Version 10 is available now!

Post by Stephanie Downing »

We're delighted to announce the release of Aspire V10!

Version 10 is a free upgrade to anyone who has purchased Aspire 9.5 within 12 months of the V10 release date and to anyone who has upgraded to V9.5 within 3 months of the release date. Your free upgrade will have been credited to your V&Co account automatically. If you are not entitled to a free upgrade you can purchase the upgrade to version 10 for $400 USD.

To download your free upgrade or to purchase a paid upgrade please login to your V&Co customer account: https://portal.vectric.com/

Videos demonstrating all the new features can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL0EMwh6IeY

Version 10 has some impressive enhancements to existing features, as well as some exciting brand-new features including;
• Enhanced 2D Drawing - Intuitively drag multiple vectors and spans to quickly manipulate vectors.
• Node Editing - Can now be performed on multiple vectors at the same time for quicker editing.
• Welding Text - The welding tool now intelligently welds overlapping text, keeping all the internal regions of the text.
• Dynamic Text on a Curve - When text is placed on a curve, its anchor can be freely moved, rather than being limited to the standard three predefined locations.
• Bitmap Improvements - Directly rotate bitmap images using the rotation handles on the corner of the image.
• Photo VCarving – Effortlessly convert photographs and images into toolpaths producing stylised engraved designs.
• Tool Database - The updated tool database makes naming and storing, machines, materials and tools easier.
• Multiple Clearance Tools - The VCarve toolpath supports multiple clearance tools for more efficient area clearance. This can help reduce machining time and tool wear.
• Improved Nesting - See all the outer boundaries and outlines for parts, and nest on both sides.
• Level Clipping - Constrain a model to a chosen boundary and dynamically clip the contents.
• Lithophane Preview - Easily preview the lithophane effect on simulated toolpaths with lithophane preview mode.
• Sculpting Presets & Overlays - Overlay reference artwork and use preset values to sculpt with ease.
• New 2D Vector Clipart - We have added over 40 new pieces of 2D clipart to help you get started with a range of projects including; game layouts, moulding profiles for use with the moulding toolpath, vector rotary profiles that you can use to model spindles in a rotary job and a selection of stylized words which would be perfect for VCarving.
• Free 3D Clipart - Choose one free clipart pack worth $55 courtesy of Design&Make. At this time, take advantage of a one-time opportunity to purchase one of the four collections available at a discounted price.
• Integrated Help - Help for all forms can now be found using the integrated help function, which can be found if you click on the question mark icon on the top of each form to get the help for that specific function.

Everyone running Aspire v9 or v9.5 on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and checkout the latest V10 features.

If you run Aspire on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download version 10 from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser - https://portal.vectric.com/

Please note: V10 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing software. Once you've installed V10, your previous version will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall your previous version.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the forgotten password link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased your software. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.

Enjoy V10 from everyone at Vectric :D

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: Aspire Version 10 is available now!

Post by dwilli9013 »

Wow Just WOW!!! Thank you all at the Vectric team. What a pleasure to have a software update explained so thoroughly. I know now that much of my free time will be consumed getting up to speed with the enhancements. As always thanks for all you do. :lol: :lol: :lol:
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Post by nicksilva »

Got mine! And thank you for the extra clipart.
time to learn the new features.
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

Jim_in_PA
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger II SR-44 (MacOS user)

Post by Jim_in_PA »

Downloaded. Thanks!

Sure would love a native MacOS version... wink, wink...nod, nod... ;)

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Hi All,

It's great to hear you're up to date with Version 10 and enjoying the new features :D

We really appreciate your thanks and would love to see how you've put V10 to good use. Please post your V10 projects :)

Haha - Jim, we'll certainly consider your very discreet suggestion for future updates :lol:

Have a great day guys.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I'm not sure if everybody in the world is downloading this and has Vectric's computer screwed up, but when I click login, it says Access Request Success, but unable to process it. I tried to load the licence manually and it only displays the licence of Version 9.518

Help Vectric, I want my new software!

Gary

Never mind, I got it to work.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

garylmast wrote:I'm not sure if everybody in the world is downloading this and has Vectric's computer screwed up, but when I click login, it says Access Request Success, but unable to process it. I tried to load the licence manually and it only displays the licence of Version 9.518

Help Vectric, I want my new software!

Gary

Never mind, I got it to work.

Hi Gary,

Glad it's all working for you. If you need anything else just let us know. :D

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I just bought the new version 10. Waiting for confirmation.
Steve

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I will upgrade tonight when I get home from work

Whooooo Hoooooo :D :D
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

Purchasing, program installation, and clipart installed flawlessly. The development team really knows what they are doing.
Steve

rtibbs
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot desktop

Post by rtibbs »

Wow, timing is everything. Just installed v10. Free upgrade as I just recently purchased Aspire !!!!!
Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch...…
Thanks for the extra Clipart

Ron

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

SteveNelson46 wrote:Purchasing, program installation, and clipart installed flawlessly. The development team really knows what they are doing.
Wonderful news Steve! Thanks for your feedback.

Enjoy your new V10 features :D

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

rtibbs2018 wrote:Wow, timing is everything. Just installed v10. Free upgrade as I just recently purchased Aspire !!!!!
Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch...…
Thanks for the extra Clipart

Ron
It sounds like you've had a good day Ron :)

Enjou V10 and your free clipart.

andracke
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by andracke »

Can anyone help to contact Vectric. I am frustrated and I need some help over this release. I am a school teacher and had some extra money in our budget last spring. I chose to upgrade aspire 9.5. We have never installed it or used it because we have been gone over summer break. Now there is a new release and we cant download it because we are barely out of the 3 month free upgrade. Please help - spending 400 on a software program is a lot out of my teaching budget.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

andracke, you would probably be best contacting Vectric support, support@vectric.com

Me I am going to go sit in the corner & cry having purchased the African Collection a week or so ago :cry: :cry: :cry: