Display Job Dimensions on Drawing Tab

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Aussie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Robotics Model 8

Display Job Dimensions on Drawing Tab

Post by Aussie »

Hi All,

I did a search and only found that this information may not be displayed due to limited vertical resolution. I have a dell 17" laptop with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and the job information is not being displayed.
What is the resolution required to display this information ?

Thanks
Ron
Ron
Crafers Crafts

Aussie
Vectric Wizard

Re: Display Job Dimensions on Drawing Tab

Post by Aussie »

oops I forgot to add that my version of VCarve Pro 9.512 displays the information however Aspire 9.518 does not.
I expect that this is because Aspire has more icons on the drawing tab than VCarve Pro ?
Ron
Crafers Crafts

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I can see the job dimensions fine at 1920x1080 resolution using Aspire 9.5 with all optional icons displayed. It will only display on the Drawing tab not any of the others.

ozymax
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built cnc router using Masso G3.

Post by ozymax »

I have a 17" laptop and I have my task bar running up the left hand side of the screen instead of along the bottom.
It takes a bit of getting used to, but it solved that problem for me.
Untitled.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I don't know what the issue is but it certainly isn't the resolution if you're running at 1080 vertical.

I tried 1080, 1024 and 900. With the first two you can see the job dimensions no problem even with the taskbar locked on the bottom of the screen. With the 900 resolution you either have to have the taskbar on hide or put it to the side as Ozymax has done.

Maybe you're not running standard 100% font sizes in Windows itself? If I change to 125% font size in Settings/Display/Scale and Layout then I lose the Job Dimensions in 1080 resolution.

Aussie
Vectric Wizard

Post by Aussie »

Adrian wrote:I don't know what the issue is but it certainly isn't the resolution if you're running at 1080 vertical.

I tried 1080, 1024 and 900. With the first two you can see the job dimensions no problem even with the taskbar locked on the bottom of the screen. With the 900 resolution you either have to have the taskbar on hide or put it to the side as Ozymax has done.

Maybe you're not running standard 100% font sizes in Windows itself? If I change to 125% font size in Settings/Display/Scale and Layout then I lose the Job Dimensions in 1080 resolution.
Thank you Adrian
My display settings were 125% reset to 100% all good now - guess you can tell I am not a windows guy.
I am sure this will help others as well.

Ron
Ron
Crafers Crafts