VCarve upgrade descriptions?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Marwellca
Vectric Craftsman

VCarve upgrade descriptions?

Post by Marwellca »

Howdy all,

I am just getting back into my CNC work and was wondering about upgrading my copy of VCarve 5.5. Does anyone know if there is any kind of sheet that shows what the changes are with the different upgrades? I understand that if I upgrade to the latest version, I will get all of the previous upgrades/improvements but other than searching all through the forum I cannot find any descriptions of what they actually improved.

Thank you

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: VCarve upgrade descriptions?

Post by Adrian »

If you scroll down this page you will be able to see all the features added since v7 onwards - https://www.vectric.com/upgrade/vcarve-pro

Marwellca
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Marwellca »

Thank you Adrian, that is exactly what I am looking for. I figured it was here somewhere, I just couldn't find it.

rbrague
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rbrague »

I currently have version 6.5 Vcarve when I purchased the software it did not come with clipart. I see now if I upgrade I get the advertised clip art as well. Question what format will the clipart be in .CRV or other?
Thanks for your help
Rick

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

rbrague wrote:I currently have version 6.5 Vcarve when I purchased the software it did not come with clipart. I see now if I upgrade I get the advertised clip art as well. Question what format will the clipart be in .CRV or other?
Thanks for your help
When your version was released there was no 3D capability within vcarve, the only way to be able to cut 3D models as you know was to toolpath them with something like 3D machinist & then import the toolpaths. The clip art is in a file format that is I belive proprietary to Vectric so not stl, ojb or anything else. Is there a reason for asking? All the models work with the software & there is no limit to how many you can add with VCP like there is with other formats such as stl.
Apart from the 3D there have been a lot of other features & changes worth looking at, I started with varve pro 7 & one of the biggest changes for me when v8 was released was the inclusion of a 64 bit version allowing me to make use of the memory installed in my computer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

rbrague
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rbrague »

Thank you I believe you answered my question
It is probably the format from design and make which works great
Thanks again for the info
Rick