Moulding tool path help

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
mccandj
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger I 24

Moulding tool path help

Post by mccandj »

Any help on this? I've moved the drive rail, resized it, made the working area bigger and about every other thing I can think of. This is a simple crown moulding profile I need to make a piece of.
Attachments
Photo on 8-25-19 at 1.18 PM.jpg

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Moulding tool path help

Post by gkas »

It will be much easier if you post your project file (crv3d).

mccandj

Post by mccandj »

How do i find the file?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

mccandj wrote:How do i find the file?
Its wherever you save it. The CRV3D file is the Aspire project file that you save and load.

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

You need to be sure the profile vector is selected last when using the moulding toolpath.

mccandj

Post by mccandj »

Profile is selected last. I also completely re did the design and file and still get the same message. I was hoping it was something simple that someone has ran into and dealt with. My design computer is not online so I may have trouble uploading the file but I'll give it a try.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Looking at the picture, you're using a 1/4" BN. Not knowing the scale of your drawing, but it looks like the BN won't fit in the V area of your profile pattern.
Try a smaller bit or use a 1/4" BN for clearance toolpath then a 1/8" or so for the finishing. You may still have problems because of the pointy bottom of the V.
Image 493.png
John
Maker of Chips

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

I don't think it's the tool. Aspire and V-Carve Pro will happily use a larger tool that won't fit in portions of the profile. This error always has to do with the vectors and their relationships. There is something weird in the picture you included...it shows no gap above or below, and zero depth of cut, nor are there any of the lines it usually shows to indicate how the profile has been applied to the rail. Hope you can find a way to show us the actual file, as something has been selected wrong.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

mccandj

Post by mccandj »

Update. I went back out and re did the program again. Re drew the profile. This time it seemed like is was going to show the tool path and then the program just shut down. Did it to me twice. Before it did that, it made what looked like a v carve tool path on the line and the profile. It was really weird. So, I'm thinking there might be some kind of glitch in that portion of my software?? I've never had any other problems with other tool paths. Thanks for trying to help.

I have a copy of V carve as well and I'll give it a try on that tomorrow.

If I can find a way to upload the file, I will. I"m currently on a Mac online and my design computer is a PC in the shop not online....plus I'm not the best with Tech. So, might not happen.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

mccandj wrote:Update. I went back out and re did the program again. Re drew the profile. This time it seemed like is was going to show the tool path and then the program just shut down. Did it to me twice. Before it did that, it made what looked like a v carve tool path on the line and the profile. It was really weird. So, I'm thinking there might be some kind of glitch in that portion of my software?? I've never had any other problems with other tool paths. Thanks for trying to help.

I have a copy of V carve as well and I'll give it a try on that tomorrow.

If I can find a way to upload the file, I will. I"m currently on a Mac online and my design computer is a PC in the shop not online....plus I'm not the best with Tech. So, might not happen.
Hi,

Did you get any crash reports or messages?

Could you please email the file to support@vectric.com along with any log files and dump files from that day (found through File Menu -> Open Application Data Folder) and any steps to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

mccandj

Post by mccandj »

Did not get any kind of report of error message. It just shut down. I'll try my best to forward the file. Thanks for your help.