Wing spar inspired cornhole board project

This is the place to post images of work produced using Aspire
Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Re: Wing spar inspired cornhole board project

Post by Xxray »

Nice to make them for a raffle or yourself, I think most of us would be hard pressed to try them for profit, with all the labor and materials I think you'd be below minimum wage when its all said and done. I'll probably try one some day, went on a little binge watching session on youtube of guys making their own, some are very elaborate with inlays, lighting ect, some just basic. I think I'd go for somewhere in between and doubt if I would do lighting, unless you had lit sacks as well I don't see the use of playing in the dark. I think the best sellers would be localized with sports team/college logos [needn't talk of copyright issues] ,,, I also was spinning through my mind doing one with some nice veneer like walnut or even marble for a fancy, unique look without breaking the bank, but that much veneer would cost you some $$.

Even a laminate/pergo flooring covering over the mdf would look nice, there is some real pretty stuff available fairly cheap - And it would be easy enough to carve in a design if so inclined.
Doug

WNC_Ed
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 AXYZ 4010

Re: Wing spar inspired cornhole board project

Post by WNC_Ed »

Doug, some really great points there.
The charity auction sale price doesn't reflect a real market price if someone is trying to make a business plan for making these.

As far as the lighting goes, the few times I have played have been in the evening/night. I would do lights to make it look cool not so much for game play. But that's just me.

Looking forward to pictures :D
Maker of sawdust