3D clipart and tabs

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jdeshields1
Model of CNC Machine: Routakit SD, BobsCNC E-3

3D clipart and tabs

Post by jdeshields1 »

I am relatively new to CNC and have tried my hand at making some of the Monthly Projects by Michael Tyler. I have had moderate success with these and I just finished the Handy Napkin Holder with Bread and Hands. now my wife has asked me if I could make another one but this time with an Apple instead of Bread and Hands. I have a nice 3D clipart of an Apple but can not figure out how to put the .25 thick tab at the bottom that is inserted into the slot of the base.
I am using VCarve Pro v9.5 but have not been able to make a rectangle at the base of a 3D clipart.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Also, I have tried numerous times to upload pictures of some of my projects but when I click on "add this file" I get nothing and when I use the back button, everything is gone.
Again, any suggestions would by most appreciated.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Re: 3D clipart and tabs

Post by sharkcutup »

apple.png
Something like this?

Uploading images you must click choose file first and select a file from your computer you wish to upload. Then Click add and it will upload to the forums memory. Then you click where you want the file to appear in your thread message. Then click the button below which says Place inline to add it to your threaded message.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

jdeshields1
Model of CNC Machine: Routakit SD, BobsCNC E-3

Post by jdeshields1 »

Thank you Sharkcutup!
Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. Where can I get a file for it?
Also, on the file upload part. I click on "Browse" and select the picture I would like to upload. The file name appears in the box then I click on "add" but this is where it stops. I built my computer so I know it has all the right parts, 16 gig memory, Intel 7 processor, etc.
I would like to post some of my work I got from Michael Tyler but the 3D apple you showed is more important for me at this time. Please send a link or let me know where I can get it.
Thank you.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

There are limits on file size for upload to forum & some file extensions are not allowed, would guess though if its pictures of what you have done they will generally be jpeg which will be OK, you may just have to reduce the file size :lol: :lol:
Sorry can't remember what they are but a search of the forum should bring up a number of posts on the subject. :lol: :lol: