We’re coming to DENVER! Save the date & book your place!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Dvancamp
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko xxl

Re: We’re coming to DENVER! Save the date & book your place!

Post by Dvancamp »

I already registered for the meeting. I would like to know if I should bring my laptop? Would it help?
Thanks,
Don Van Camp

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Post by Stephanie Downing »

Hi Don,

Thank you for your message. Great news you'll be joining us in Denver :)

You don't need your laptop for the User Group Meeting as you won't have the files to follow along with the demonstrations. We do give all of the files and projects to all of the attendees on a USB stick with corresponding video's so that you can watch them following the meeting at your leisure whilst the files are in front you.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks
Stephanie

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

Stephanie Downing wrote:Hi Don,

Thank you for your message. Great news you'll be joining us in Denver :)

You don't need your laptop for the User Group Meeting as you won't have the files to follow along with the demonstrations. We do give all of the files and projects to all of the attendees on a USB stick with corresponding video's so that you can watch them following the meeting at your leisure whilst the files are in front you.

Thanks
Stephanie
I was wondering the same thing. I guess this means "Leave it in the room, and pay attention...". I'd hate to miss anything, since this is my first Vectric User Group Meeting.

Anyone care to post any other helpful hints for us 'first timers'?

Tailmaker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built 4-axis Router

Post by Tailmaker »

gkas wrote: Anyone care to post any other helpful hints for us 'first timers'?
Pick your poison.

I attended 2 years ago (and will come again to Denver). It was 2 days of packed information and demonstrations at high speed.
There was no way to follow everything in detail with proper focus and at the end of the second day I was shot.

I suggest to pick the most relevant topics for you for full focus, add another few that look interesting and see what it is about. Take a break and skip a few to recover...

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

Tailmaker wrote:Take a break and skip a few to recover...
How can I take a break? Then I'll realize my wife is probably out shopping..... :shock:

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

Although our User Group Meetings are packed from start to finish with information, hints, tips, tricks, advice and new features try not to panic :) We record all of the Vectric training sessions and give them to you with all the relevant files on a USB stick in your welcome packs, so that you can recap in your own time should you need to.

My tips for you to make the most of the meeting are - Take every opportunity to speak to the people around you. Listen to the tips and advice learned along the way from your peers and ask your questions. Meet up with those people you regularly chat to on here and put a face to the name. You could be making a friend for life :)

108 days to go :D

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

TIP: If you are a Forum Member, write your Forum Username boldly on your Name Tag. It’s a great way to “connect” with people you may know only by their username!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Anyone care to post any other helpful hints for us 'first timers'?
Some of my most valuable hints have come from talking to other users between the sessions. Be brave and strike up conversations. Talk about current challenges you are facing and find out how others have handled it.

Example: A few years back someone had carved acorns and I couldn't figure out how they got so much detail on the upper part. Their solution was, rather than increasing machining time with a finer bit, after they took the piece off they machine they took a razor blade and with a few quick strokes carved the checkering on the upper part of the acorn.
acorn_256x256@2x.png
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

We are thrilled to announce Eric Schimelpfenig will be one of our guest presenters at the upcoming User Group Meeting in Denver.

Eric started his career designing architectural millwork, furniture and cabinetry, Now with an intense passion for digital fabrication and “making” he uses and teaches 3D printing and CNC fabrication.

Eric said “I’ve always been a fan of digital fabrication. For me the ability to control a machine to make whatever you want is not only fascinating, but something that’s scalable in a way that not many other tools are. As I make something, I make my designs and cutting files better with each cut. Those improvements are not lost over time, they accumulate in the computer. These solid layers of improvement allow me to focus on many projects at once, incrementally improving them over time.”

The creative work that Eric produces has taken him around the world, showcasing his work at trade shows, Maker Faires and in many publications. Eric will be joining us on stage to talk us through some of his most prolific projects and his flatpack designs.

Book your place at the User group Meeting here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... rUserGroup

Read more about Eric's work here: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... imelpfenig
Attachments
eric1_14.png
eric3_16.png

acurry
Model of CNC Machine: shapeoko 3

Post by acurry »

I have requested information about the topics to be covered, sessions scheduled, etc. I am still waiting for this information.

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

acurry wrote:I have requested information about the topics to be covered, sessions scheduled, etc. I am still waiting for this information.
Hi,

I'm sorry if we have missed your request for more information on our upcoming User Group Meeting.

Unfortunately we haven't released the full agenda for the event yet, however as an overview we will be showcasing what's new in version 10 as well as covering; efficient 2D and 3D machining, multi material projects, data import, optimising projects for manufacturing, 3D modelling and much more. We will also have guest speakers covering a variety of topics as announced in the thread above :)

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Stephanie

newmexico
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by newmexico »

It would be cool if you could have a VECTORS class!
Paths, Offset Paths, Node Editing and all that stuff.

zombolina
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS

Post by zombolina »

Just booked for the seminar, but the Embassy Suiye rooms are now $380 per night!

Might there be anyone who has already booked that would like to share their suite? I’d be glad to pay half of your discounted rate!

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff

zombolina wrote:Just booked for the seminar, but the Embassy Suiye rooms are now $380 per night!

Might there be anyone who has already booked that would like to share their suite? I’d be glad to pay half of your discounted rate!

Hi zombolina,

I'm not sure why you are seeing such a high rate, If you follow the link in my original post there are rooms available and the room rate is still $189 per night for 10th, 11th and 12th of October.

WNC_Ed
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 AXYZ 4010

Post by WNC_Ed »

Thinking about what Michael suggested here:
TIP: If you are a Forum Member, write your Forum Username boldly on your Name Tag. It’s a great way to “connect” with people you may know only by their username!
And knowing that the forum users are some very clever folk. I was wondering if it wouldn't be fun to have an unofficial, just for fun "contest" to make "the coolest" name tag on the CNC to be worn at the User Group Meeting?

Now this will be my first User Group Meeting so maybe I am being bold in suggesting this but it does seem like it would be fun.

Suggested rules:
1) Name badge must be primarily made on the CNC using Aspire.
2) Badge must have your Forum "handle" and your real name - or - the alias you go by.
3) Must be worn at the Meeting

1st Prize - bragging rights on the forum for a year!

I have included a sample idea for inspiration. This one would be worn like a neckless
Attachments
wnc_ed.jpg
Maker of sawdust