"Different tool" warning?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Olle
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna MCNCIQ

Re: "Different tool" warning?

Post by Olle »

I do use the "edit" and "edit passes" buttons when I change the parameters, but how would that change the tool? Doesn't Aspire recognize a tool by the number, regardless of the parameters you set for a certain toolpath?

It is entirely possible that it's some form of operator error, but I can't figure out what it could be. When this happens, I usually open up the toolpath to see which tool I have selected, but it's still the same. I have picked the wrong tool several times when creating new toolpaths (usually because the previously used tool is pre-selected), but this always shows when I run the preview. I can't recall having this problem in a new toolpath though, it appears to happen when I edit them.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The recognition of a tool is made up of many things not just the tool number. Anything that would change the geometry of the tool (diameter, angles etc) will lead the software to recognise it as a different tool.

Olle
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna MCNCIQ

Post by Olle »

Adrian wrote:The recognition of a tool is made up of many things not just the tool number. Anything that would change the geometry of the tool (diameter, angles etc) will lead the software to recognise it as a different tool.
Is there anything in the "edit" and "edit passes" menus that would change this?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Yes. You can change every setting there just as you can in the tool database so anything that changes the tool geometry plus the tool number could trigger it.