Nesting

Post general information and questions relating to Cut2D in this Forum.
DGF
Model of CNC Machine: CKJ

Nesting

Post by DGF »

Hi there, I'm sure this is easy once you know how!
I'm cutting various size panels out for example 5 @720 x 505 3@ 364 x 505 9@ 720 x 560 etc etc

If I have drawings of each and want to nest say 5 - thats ok I can see how to do that.
Then I want to add another size panel to the same sheet and nest that with the first 5 panels - is this possible?

Many thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Nesting

Post by Adrian »

You would select the 5 panels and the new one then re-nest.

You can also do it by creating both panels, setting the number you want to nest for each and then nesting.

You can't constrain the nest so that the first five panels go on there with the other panels afterwards unless you create a vector boundary based on the first nest.

DGF

Post by DGF »

Thanks Adrian

how do you set the numbers for each seperate panel?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Select the panel in question. In the nesting form set the number of copies and press Apply. You'll see the number of copies displayed on the panel when you have the nesting form open.

DGF

Post by DGF »

ok thanks i have done that but it always puts them on top of the previous ones - is there a way to select them all - so multiple panels of different sizes and shapes- and then it nests them all ont he cutting sheets in the best way?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Not sure where you're going wrong but all you need to do is to set the number of copies of each panel you want, select everything you want in the nest and then nest. If there is an existing nest then it will warn you that it will be replaced. If the previous nest was only on one sheet rather than multiple then you would need to delete those vectors/panels first as the nest will just leave them where they are if they aren't part of the new nest.

These tutorials may help:

https://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V ... ideo_id=93
https://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V ... ideo_id=88