Perspective View

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
jakaprocki
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Perspective View

Post by jakaprocki »

Question? Is there any way to turn off the Perspective View? Meaning looking straight down on the part and tool path so I can see the tool path right on top of another.
Thanks John

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Perspective View

Post by Adrian »

The view controls in the top right of the window change the view. The Z view should be what you're looking for if I've understood you.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Adrian wrote:The view controls in the top right of the window change the view. The Z view should be what you're looking for if I've understood you.
Hmmm, Adrian? I have also looked to turn the perspective off. Looking straight down the Z via the icon in the upper right of the screen still has perspective active. This is evidenced by being able to see vertical walls in the view (like looking down an elevator shaft). I hunted all over for somewhere to turn it off and I have yet to find it. Not a big deal, but sometimes it would be handy to turn it off.
Capture.JPG
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

I was thinking the question was about 2D toolpaths in the 3D window rather than the toolpath preview itself. However after experimenting a bit it looks like it does the same sort of thing in that view anyway. 99% of what I cut is a single pass or two pass so I've never actually seen it do that before. As soon as I created a job with lots of passes I could see what the OP means. No way to turn that off that I'm aware of.

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Thanks Adrian.

A couple of weeks ago I wanted to turn it off for some odd reason and spent some time hunting around. Obviously it was not all that important. Sometimes one needs to joust at the windmill just for the sheer joy of it.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns