Zoom active view to selected object(s)

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
pknvectric
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra & StingerI

Zoom active view to selected object(s)

Post by pknvectric »

For some reason when I hit the Shortcut Key "F" it is no longer zooming in to my "material workspace" view. It zooms WAY out. I deleted all but a single layer and this layer only has a few vectors on it... If I hit "F" it zooms out (example attached). If I delete these vectors (mouse selection - not using "CNTL+A") it still doesn't zoom to the material view. Am I doing something wrong?

But I opened a new Aspire file and this one works. I can copy / paste these vectors into the new file and ZOOM (F shortcut key) works properly. It seems that as soon as I begin working on a file something causes this problem. It acts as though I have vectors "off material" but I am positive I do not. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
Zoomed out after shortcut key F.png
After clicking ZOOM ACTIVE VIEW TO SELECTED OBJECT(S).png

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Zoom active view to selected object(s)

Post by Adrian »

Move all the vectors you know about to a new layer. The original layer should then be blank. If it's not then you have a tiny vector somewhere causing the issue. Delete the original layer and you should be ok.

If that doesn't do anything could you attach the file so it can be looked at?

pknvectric
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra & StingerI

Post by pknvectric »

I moved all the vectors to a new layer but it still would not zoom properly.

So, I deleted ALL the vectors AND layers and it STILL would not zoom to the material.

Then I found the problem. It was not with existing vectors. It was with Toolpaths. I was going to upload the file but had some obsolete tool paths which were referencing deleted vectors. So, I deleted some obsolete tool paths - even though the vectors were gone the toolpath was still "pointed" at where the vectors used to be... When I deleted ALL tool paths except the specific 1-2 which were needed the problem went away...

I just didn't realize toolpaths impacted / dictated zooming/views. I thought it was the active LAYER(s) / vector selection which dictated zooming / views.

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I've had the same problem, but never found a solution. I'll have to give this a try next time it comes up.

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Adrian suggests that the problem could be a tiny vector. It might be off of the material. Try this; select all vectors (CTRL A) next hit F to show everything that has been selected. If there is a stray vector the zoom will show more than just the vectors on the material.

Phil