.crv file

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Samuel4444

.crv file

Post by Samuel4444 »

Can someone explain what the .crv file is. I am looking to purchase a .crv file and not sure what specifically i will get. Can a .crv file be a 3d file? i know that the .crv3d file has dimension but the item im looking at looks like a 3d object but is only a .crv file. I've researched with no luck. thanks for any help. i have aspire 9.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: .crv file

Post by mtylerfl »

I’m wondering who sells .crv files (and why). I suppose it’s some kind of pre-made project?

But, that aside, can’t you contact the seller and ask him/her directly what is included in the file?

Proceed with caution if you don’t know the seller and if he/she can’t provide exact info of what is being sold.

Note: A .crv can have 3D model(s) contained in the layout. How about posting a link to the seller’s item so we can help you “check out” what’s up.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Hello Samuel and Michael,

In answer to Michael's question --- fundraising. In fact, I have a website that sells Physical woodcrafts and CNC .crv files of projects I have created in V-Carve Pro and all PROCEEDS go to 'FAMILIES IN NEED"! Website address is "Hoganscnccrafts.com

None of my project files have 3D models in them. They are specifically .crv files with toolpaths. The files are Zipped to include the .crv file(s), Project Toolpath Job Sheets, .jpg Image file(s) and in some cases a .pdf instruction file. Some game files have .pdf Game rules are included.

.crv files are created in Vectric's V-Carve Desktop, V-Carve Pro, and Aspire. I am not aware of any other programs that create .crv files at this time. There may be other individuals here that may know a bit more about the .crv files - maybe they will chime in.

Have a GREAT DAY!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

fixtureman
Vectric Wizard

Post by fixtureman »

sharkcutup wrote:Hello Samuel and Michael,

In answer to Michael's question --- fundraising. In fact, I have a website that sells Physical woodcrafts and CNC .crv files of projects I have created in V-Carve Pro and all PROCEEDS go to 'FAMILIES IN NEED"! Website address is "Hoganscnccrafts.com

None of my project files have 3D models in them. They are specifically .crv files with toolpaths. The files are Zipped to include the .crv file(s), Project Toolpath Job Sheets, .jpg Image file(s) and in some cases a .pdf instruction file. Some game files have .pdf Game rules are included.

.crv files are created in Vectric's V-Carve Desktop, V-Carve Pro, and Aspire. I am not aware of any other programs that create .crv files at this time. There may be other individuals here that may know a bit more about the .crv files - maybe they will chime in.

Have a GREAT DAY!

Sharkcutup
when you sell them what version of Aspire do you use. If you have a newer version then the buyer they will not work

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

when you sell them what version of Aspire do you use. If you have a newer version then the buyer they will not work
I do not have Vectric's Aspire presently. I use V-Carve Pro Version 9.516 for all my CNC projects. I have noticed this morning that the latest Version is now 9.517 so after I update I will be going through all files listed on my website in the latest version to make sure they are compatible. I will make the necessary file updates on my website as required.

It is true that if you have an earlier version of the Vectric software and the files are created on a latter version they will NOT work.

Thank you for asking fixtureman!

Have a GREAT Day!
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Any version can read crv files created with an earlier version but not a later one so you would be best to keep them in the oldest format you can for as long as you can really.

Selling the files as EPS would broaden the market. Personally I wouldn't sell files with toolpaths created in them as you're leaving yourself open to people running the files without adjusting them for what their machine is capable of.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

Any version can read crv files created with an earlier version but not a later one so you would be best to keep them in the oldest format you can for as long as you can really.
Selling the files as EPS would broaden the market. Personally I wouldn't sell files with toolpaths created in them as you're leaving yourself open to people running the files without adjusting them for what their machine is capable of.
I have considered too keeping files in their oldest state (in my case Version 8.0) it just has a drawback when it comes to the TWO-SIDED files for Latter versions.

Thank you Adrian I will definitely take that into consideration. Just a note though on my toolpaths - they are all run on the conservative side but you point is well taken! I do like your idea of EPS type files. I may look at either changing from .crv or just adding to with that capability.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

After reviewing my files it has come to my attention that many of them if changed to .eps files would require written instructions not only as to the project construction/layout but to how each vector toolpath was setup for carving. This will evidently take considerable time to do. Whereas a .crv file all one individual has to do is click on the toolpath and run the preview animation to see all the required information (depth, toolpath description, etc...) and the toolpath in action.

Definitely has Advantages and Disadvantages in either situation. I have decided to go the .eps route. The file downloads on my website have been halted until I get this tedious task done. I will post an update when all has been achieved.

As to your answer Samuel I believe that has been covered in previous posts here on this thread. We all here on this forum hope they were satisfactory in your quest.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

fixtureman
Vectric Wizard

Post by fixtureman »

I have Aspire 8.5 so I don't think I could open them

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

I concur you have an early version so any .crv files created with the latter versions you will not be able to open.

With that being said I noted in a previous post that I am in the process of converting files which are on my website to .eps files with all needed info to create the toolpaths included.
.eps files can be imported into V-Carve and Aspire.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554