programming error E-702 on AXYZ 5010 router

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
gwrosen
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Router

programming error E-702 on AXYZ 5010 router

Post by gwrosen »

We’ve got a 5010 router and we generate a DXF file with Autodesk Inventor and program in VCarve Pro 6.0.
Recently, we changed to Autodesk Inventor 2019.

Now tried to route a part and got error code E-702, T-1 NOT MAPPED.

Attached is copy of my VCarve file that gives me the error.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Greg
Attachments
.33 model 3P544 REV A.crv
(67.5 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Re: programming error E-702 on AXYZ 5010 router

Post by CharlieP »

Hello Greg.

What does your AXYZ User Manual say this error means, and how does it suggest resolving it?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

From the AXYZ support site:- https://www.axyz.co.uk/fault-recovery-en/
702 TC Error Not Mapped
This is an operator or file error. There is nothing wrong with the machine. Do not service or replace
any parts.
This error occurs when a tool number is specified that has not been previously set up as a tool. Only
tools that have been set up in Tool set up can be used by the machine or by a job running on the
machine.
If the specified tool is required go to the SetupGUI or Tool Setup application to set up the tool.
Your activity log will record exactly where the error occurred if it occurring inside of a file.
You're using tool number 1 for the drill and tool number 3 for the endmill in your VCarve file. You have to map those in your AXYZ control software by the sound of it.

gwrosen
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ Router

Post by gwrosen »

Adrian, Tool 1 = Drill and Tool 3 = end mill as you had said. From what I can see, all previous VCarve router programs use those tool number designations and never had a problem in past 3 years. We changed to Inventor 2019 in Jan 1 and ever since won't do drill (#1) OR route holes with end mill (#3). I made sure to save DXF as 2007 version and it then ran the profile operation (#3) but not pocket operation. You still think we need t odo the set-up as you'd mentioned? Thanks, Greg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

No idea, I'm just going by what the error message says. It's basically saying that you've given it tool number 3 and it has no idea what tool number 3 is so there should be somewhere in the AXYZ software where you can tell it.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

I'd say that the change to Inventor 2019 for DXF creation (and use of 2007 for export) is a red herring. VCarve neither knows nor cares what created the vectors. Nor is there any link between what created the DXF file and the tool mapping in the AXYZ control.

Try running a job that previously worked (in the air without material) and I expect you'll get the same error. That is, a problem with tool #1 (T-1 in the error).

Are you using an automatic tool changer (ATC)? As we have an ATC I never use the "Tools Manager" program so I can't really help with that.