wrong starting toolpath

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
powair7s
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Home Build

wrong starting toolpath

Post by powair7s »

When I save multiple toolpaths for some reason, in this specific case, it is starting with toolpath 4 rather than tool path 1. This causes a very deep initial cut. Has anyone else had this issue? I have used vectric for a few years and never had this issue, I am using a new PC but I am not sure why that would be an issue.

I double checked to be sure I had all 4 toolpaths selected prior to saving.

THanks for the help!

powair7s
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Home Build

Re: wrong starting toolpath

Post by powair7s »

ok so being the first time on a new pc and vectric install it looks like the default is to not have the "output all visible toolpaths to one file" checked. So I was only trying to run toolpath 4 because that was the highlighted toolpath when I hit save....thats annoying. :|

tomgardiner
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: FMT Patriot 4 x8

Post by tomgardiner »

This is a good reminder to everyone who has reloaded, updated the program. Check all the defaults before running. Where is the z zero, which PP, etc. Been fooled by that a couple of times.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

tomgardiner wrote:This is a good reminder to everyone who has reloaded, updated the program. Check all the defaults before running. Where is the z zero, which PP, etc. Been fooled by that a couple of times.
I think it goes further than that Tom, I don't think you should ever take things for granted & relly on the defaults, if you take the time to check through the forms properly each time then you greatly reduce the chance of making any errors.
I do that all the time now, yes been caught out in the past myself with upgrading & the home z position resetting to something like 2 inches :lol: :lol:
I only have 21/4" clearance under my gantry so with those figures I would top the z axis out on just about every toolpath :lol: :lol: