Help to Export Vectors from ArtCAM file

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Gerald Martin
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96-60

Help to Export Vectors from ArtCAM file

Post by Gerald Martin »

I have an ArtCAM file I'm wonder if someone would be willing to open and export the vectors from? I have a 2002 ArtCAM Insignia license - right now, I don't have an old computer here running Windows XP that I could attempt to install and use the software.

Here is a download link to the file on my Nextcloud server: https://cloud.martinsautosvc.com/index. ... Ha6HQL2kMw

Would appreciate if anyone is willing to help.

Gerald

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Re: Help to Export Vectors from ArtCAM file

Post by Bob Reda »

There is something on aspire that allows you to save artcam files For the life of me I cant find it now, and I did it, someone will chime in. It will import it and change it to a 3d clipart file

Bob

phill05
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hybrid re-build

Post by phill05 »

Bob Reda wrote:There is something on aspire that allows you to save artcam files For the life of me I cant find it now, and I did it, someone will chime in. It will import it and change it to a 3d clipart file

Bob
I too would be interested in this as I have a A/C file I would like to convert to use in Aspire.

Phill
A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"
—Louis Nizer

garyb
Vectric Apprentice

Post by garyb »

Gerald Martin wrote:I have an ArtCAM file I'm wonder if someone would be willing to open and export the vectors from? I have a 2002 ArtCAM Insignia license - right now, I don't have an old computer here running Windows XP that I could attempt to install and use the software.

Here is a download link to the file on my Nextcloud server: https://cloud.martinsautosvc.com/index. ... Ha6HQL2kMw

Would appreciate if anyone is willing to help.

Gerald
Here you go Gerald, your vectors exported in dxf, if you prefer eps let me know
Gary
Attachments
dhw mdf clock vectors.zip
exported dxf
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 150 times
Beckwith Decor Products
Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor
http://www.beckwithdecor.com

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Bob Reda wrote:There is something on aspire that allows you to save artcam files For the life of me I cant find it now, and I did it, someone will chime in. It will import it and change it to a 3d clipart file

Bob
You can export in STL and grayscale relief from Aspire both of which ArtCam can read but there is no way to read ArtCam files directly into Aspire that I am aware of as it's a proprietary format.

garyb
Vectric Apprentice

Post by garyb »

Aspire and Artcam are both the same as both use their own proprietary file formats, both export and import stl format for file interchange with relief models. The catch is you need both programs to do in house or someone willing to export the file in a format you can import, such as stl.
Gary
Beckwith Decor Products
Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor
http://www.beckwithdecor.com

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

When artcam went belly up vectric did have a way to import the rlf files to aspire but I can't seem to find it anymore. I did it, so I'm guessing I was not dreaming it. Maybe they removed it in one of the updates.

Bob

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Adrian wrote:

Bob
You can export in STL and grayscale relief from Aspire both of which ArtCam can read but there is no way to read ArtCam files directly into Aspire that I am aware of as it's a proprietary format.
Bob Reda wrote:When artcam went belly up vectric did have a way to import the rlf files to aspire but I can't seem to find it anymore. I did it, so I'm guessing I was not dreaming it. Maybe they removed it in one of the updates.

Bob
Aspire and VCarve can indeed import ArtCam version 9 .RLF models (this is the format James B requested from me prior to conversion to Aspire format and generic STL, many years ago).

Although, this may be a moot point as it relates to the original thread topic of just needing vectors!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Hi Gary, that is super helpful. DXF is fine, EPS might support bezier curves though which would be better than just arcs and lines.

Do you mind seeing if the toolpath data can be turned off and only get me the vector outline of the artwork? I will have Aspire redo the v-carve toolpaths. Also I did not know that i shows 6 of the clock plaques, I only need one...not sure if this will save you any time, it's fine either way.

Thank you so much!

Gerald

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

Gerald,

Try this: splines, EPS, no toolpaths.

DXF didn't preserve splines (DXF should be renamed LCD).

Steven
Attachments
illinois (splines).eps
(114.88 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Gerald Martin

Post by Gerald Martin »

Wow. That's great. So very helpful, both of you! Thanks so much!

Gerald