Centering words

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Centering words

Post by FixitMike »

To center text vertically between two points:

Draw a line from one of the points to the other one. (In this case, from the bottom of the stairwell to the edge of the panel.)
Method 1.
. Double click on the text. Handles will appear.
. Click on the center handle and drag it to the center of the line you drew. (The cursor will change when you are on the center of the line.)
Method 2
. Click on the text, then shift click on the line.
. Use the Align Selected Objects tool to Align to Selection (Center)

To center the text horizontally, select the text and use the Align Selected Objects tool to Align to Material (Horizontally).

Note: Many fonts have letters that extend varying distances above and below the font centerline, so the particular text used may not appear to be centered vertically to the eye. In this case, select and use the up or down arrows to nudge the text to a more pleasing location.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Not an answer to your initial question but if this is something you are doing for a customer for ADA compliance (if your across the pond) then I would check it meets the requirements first. from what I understand about what you are trying to do then I don't think it will.
Can't say for sure because I am in the UK & there are differences :lol: :lol:

Lots of rules & regulations covering all inclusive signage which a lot of people don't fully understand :lol: :lol:

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Post by FixitMike »

To center text vertically between two points:

Draw a line from one of the points to the other one. (In this case, from the bottom of the stairwell to the edge of the panel.)
Method 1.
. Double click on the text. Handles will appear.
. Click on the center handle and drag it to the center of the line you drew. (The cursor will change when you are on the center of the line.)
Method 2
. Click on the text, then shift click on the line.
. Use the Align Selected Objects tool to Align to Selection (Center)

To center the text horizontally, select the text and use the Align Selected Objects tool to Align to Material (Horizontally).

Note: Many fonts have letters that extend varying distances above and below the font centerline, so the particular text used may not appear to be centered vertically to the eye. In this case, select and use the up or down arrows to nudge the text to a more pleasing location.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Robroy,

If you post your Vectric file as requested, we can look it over for you and tell you exactly what steps to take using your actual file.

How about it? Will you please post your Vectric file?
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

mike shaw
Model of CNC Machine: Shark II

CNC Shark II machine problems??

Post by mike shaw »

I an a complete beginner to using a CNC machine. I want to carve some numbers onto a board. I have created my design file and subsequent tool path and saved them to a flash drive. I turn on my CNC machine and plug in the flash drive. Then nothing happens, I select USB --no files are recognized and nothing happens. HELP please