problem from the upgrade

This forum is for users to post tips and tricks they have found useful while working with VCarve Pro
mattsinclair
Model of CNC Machine: axyz8010ATC

problem from the upgrade

Post by mattsinclair »

Hi all! Recently, we (my employer) upgraded to the 9.512 version from 9.5x. Before the upgrade, files that cut curved shapes would run at the prescribed feed rate. Now, with the update, those same files chug, pause and generally cut incredibly slowly (from 70"/m down to 5"/m). When it cuts, the router machine chugs around a curve, stopping and starting at every node. I've tried setting to bezier curve, with very nominal improvement.

I am guessing a setting somewhere has been reset back to default or something. Any help with correcting this would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: problem from the upgrade

Post by Adrian »

Were you using a post processor with ARCS in the name or could you have been running a modified post processor before? If the curves were arcs (not beziers) then the code generated for them would be different.

mattsinclair

Post by mattsinclair »

I have conferred with my co workers. Nothing has been modified. All that has happened to the software settings is the update. The post processor hasn't changed. The one we use is called "AXYZ A2MC (inch) (*.nc)". The same I have used at 2 different companies for the past 4ish years...

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Probably best to get in touch with Vectric support directly then (support@vectric.com) as this primarily a user to user support forum. It definitely sounds like arcs processing to me but unless you've got the old version still installed to compare the post processors it's hard to say what might have happened.

I've heard of similar issues before and what happens is that someone modifies a post processor and doesn't change the name of it. Months or years later when someone upgrades they don't know and everyone else has forgotten about the changes and they get lost in the upgrade.

mattsinclair

Post by mattsinclair »

ok thanks

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Post the 1st 30 lines of a file that ran correctly, and the same from one of the current ones that do not so that we can compare them
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com