Stopping & Restarting a project

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Vic100
Model of CNC Machine: oozy cnc

Stopping & Restarting a project

Post by Vic100 »

Hi Everyone,

Being a newbie to Aspire and CNC machining I have a lot of questions, for now, just one question. I live in a condo therefore if the project takes a long period of time, I would like to stop the project and then return the next day and restart it where I left off. Can this be done with Aspire? Will the program and machine know where it ended then restart at the same location without programming or mechanical faults. If not, then I would have to schedule shorter projects and I don't want to be limited by time in this way.

Thank you for any help you can give,
Vic100

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Re: Stopping & Restarting a project

Post by gkas »

It's totally up to how your machine works..... it's a machine function, not Aspire.

Stephen50
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Post by Stephen50 »

I'm able to assist you in stopping and restarting a file providing you have a Shopbot.
- Go to Shopbot.com
- Highlight support
- Highlight Tutorials and videos
- Shopbot Training SB3 Control Software

TJ provides a step by step process on starting, stopping, and resuming a file cut.

Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer of your particular machine, or find out if the company has a discussion page and inquire how to accomplish the task your attempting to do.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As has already been said you need to look at your cnc control software not Aspire for this, think it is a feature that most control software seems to have but how to set it up will vary so without knowing what control software you are using it is difficult to give a correct answer. :lol: :lol: