corrupt processor file

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Just Starting
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark v21

corrupt processor file

Post by Just Starting »

hello folks
got a problem with my machine. i have a cnc shark 24x24. its about 4 years old now. i know now its too small, i didn't realize it when i bought it. so i've been driving it hard. using vcarve pro v8.5 don't use it enough to upgrade to v9, in my opinion. having problems with tile tool-path now. when i start T2, the vectors don,t line up. its like the board is not square to the table. but thats not it, i checked.
could it be a corrupt processor file?
do i need to send it in to be checked?
thought mabye trade it in for something else. i don't know
need help from the pro's
i'm sending a picture.

thanks
otto
Attachments
middle ways is T1-T2
middle ways is T1-T2

Hermie
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: custom

Re: corrupt processor file

Post by Hermie »

To me it looks like an alignment issue. How are you aligning the wood from t1 to t2? It is rare for a pp to corrupt, unless there are other issues with the computer.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

If everything looks correct in the Toolpath Preview then I'd agree with Hermie that you have an alignment issue. If you'd care to post the drawing file someone maybe able to help further.
John
Maker of Chips

Just Starting

Post by Just Starting »

highpockets wrote:If everything looks correct in the Toolpath Preview then I'd agree with Hermie that you have an alignment issue. If you'd care to post the drawing file someone maybe able to help further.
The table “is” square with cutter.
Drill hole on both side of x at the botton.
Then drill same two holes at the tile line
at t1 t2. When finished with t1 pull the work down on the y axis and line the two holes to the bottom with wood dowels.
??
The preview looked good.
It did this three times. Came out the
same on each

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

If you can't post the Vectric Job file can you at least post a pic of the Toolpath Preview and Tile Manager?
John
Maker of Chips

Just Starting

Post by Just Starting »

highpockets wrote:If you can't post the Vectric Job file can you at least post a pic of the Toolpath Preview and Tile Manager?
Sure
I'll send them to ya
Thanks

Just Starting

Post by Just Starting »

Just Starting wrote:
highpockets wrote:If you can't post the Vectric Job file can you at least post a pic of the Toolpath Preview and Tile Manager?
Sure
I'll send them to ya
Thanks
your file is petty E cutout
Attachments
petty E cutout.crv
(885.5 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Looking at your file it all looks good. Why all the holes? There was no Toolpath for the holes in the file, how are you locating and drilling the holes?

Sorry if the attached pic and questions are remedial, just trying to understand how you have things setup.

The red rectangle along the left side represents the guide rail. The blue box is the outline of the material.

When I previewed T1 then T2 it all works out. I don't believe it's a PP problem. I believe it's a registration problem.
Image 319.png
John
Maker of Chips

Just Starting

Post by Just Starting »

highpockets wrote:Looking at your file it all looks good. Why all the holes? There was no Toolpath for the holes in the file, how are you locating and drilling the holes?

Sorry if the attached pic and questions are remedial, just trying to understand how you have things setup.

The red rectangle along the left side represents the guide rail. The blue box is the outline of the material.

When I previewed T1 then T2 it all works out. I don't believe it's a PP problem. I believe it's a registration problem.
Image 319.png
i used a couple for reference hole when pulling the work down for T2 cut.
you know i just downloaded an update for the shark before i did the job. it very well could be

Just Starting

Post by Just Starting »

Just Starting wrote:
highpockets wrote:Looking at your file it all looks good. Why all the holes? There was no Toolpath for the holes in the file, how are you locating and drilling the holes?

Image 319.png
you know i just downloaded an update for the shark before i did the job. it very well could be
1/12
i hate to keep bugging you but appreciate your time your taking with me. i would call nextwave but i think their closed today.
i've narrowed this down to tile feed through. i cut straight lines. i'm sending you five pics. img 1 is a scrap cut. pull in close to see. it looks to be cutting on the tile height line. compare it to the other pic's. i'm i missing something in plain sight?
if you want to call me send me a personal message and i'll send my phone#.
thanks for all the help
otto

Just Starting

Post by Just Starting »

posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&t=31314&p=226225#tabs
can't seem to send all five at the same time
can't seem to send all five at the same time
Just Starting wrote:
Just Starting wrote:

The attachment Image 319.png is no longer available
1/12
i hate to keep bugging you but appreciate your time your taking with me. i would call nextwave but i think their closed today.
i've narrowed this down to tile feed through. i cut straight lines. i'm sending you five pics. img 1 is a scrap cut. pull in close to see. it looks to be cutting on the tile height line. compare it to the other pic's. i'm i missing something in plain sight?
if you want to call me send me a personal message and i'll send my phone#.
thanks for all the help
otto

Just Starting

Post by Just Starting »

heres more pics
Attachments
img 1.jpg
tile setup.jpg
IMG_0572.jpg

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Otto,

The X axis alignment looks correct the Y axis isn't lined up correctly when you move the material and cut tile 2. The previews all look correct and the actual machining looks correct it down to an alignment issue. I can think of two things that can call this issue. Human error and your machine loosing Y axis steps.

To check if the second reference hole is being move to where the machine thinks it should be, try the following.

With the material against the Y axis guide rail and positioned to mill the T1, drill the reference hole. Then move the router over the lower reference hole and write down the X Y coordinates of the reference hole. Cut T1. Move the material into position to cut T2. Move the router to the saved X Y coordinates of the reference hole. If it's lined up correctly then cut the T2 and see if all works correctly. If it doesn't there's a problem with the Y alignment.

Now you get to figure out if you are the machine are at fault :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image 323.png
Image 324.png
John
Maker of Chips