Export eps file with two different colors for or engrave

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Export eps file with two different colors for or engrave

Post by garylmast »

Short answer: NO.

Attached, the first picture was exported from Aspire as an eps file (Red and Blue). When opened into Photoshop (second picture) it was all black. However, I use Aspire a lot to create vectors on the laser cutter. I will export the vectors as an AI or DXF file to import them into the Laser's software (AI for my 60 watt and DXF for my 400 watt) Once imported into the Laser's software, I will change whatever vector I want to a different color, so I can select different power settings or whether I want it cut or not. (third picture). The only time I export it as an ESP file is to import it into Photoshop to increase the resolution, then I change it to a grayscale, then to a Bitmap. When saved I will have a much sharper image. Hope I answered your question.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

May depend on what software you are importing the file into, not an expert & wasn't sure myself so gave it a try, i set up 2 layers in Aspire, then placed a blue square on one layer & a red circle on the other. Exported as an EPS file & a PDF file. Opened my signmaking software created a new job & imported the EPS, got a preview as I would expect & when I accepted the 2 shapes imported & were both black. I then tried importing the PDF file, got the preview as expected & then accepted & the file was imported all to one layer but the square was still blue & the circle was still red.
So from that I conclude that it can't be done with an EPS file but can be with a PDF file :lol: :lol: :lol:

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

I have a simple work around. I use Corel draw for the laser print file
First step is to have the different colored parts in their own layer, setting the layer to the desired color
cow layer blue.png
cow layer red.jpg
With both layers active export to dxf
Import them into Corel

MAKE CERTAIN THE LAYERS ARE POSITIONED IN THEIR RESPECTIVE PLACE WITH EACH OTHER BEFORE EXPORTING
I PUT A TEMPORARY BORDER AROUND THE SHEET WHICH MAKES IT EASIER TO CENTER IN COREL (p)

cow aspire layers.jpg
cow red.jpg
Layers make everything better!

Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Is EPS/PDF the only export choice you have? If you export as SVG then the colours are preserved. Otherwise I would do as Dale suggests.

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

OTHER REASONS FOR USING LAYERS
One of the greatest benefits of layers for me is the ability to make changes to any part of a project without affecting the others.
You can use the circle resize gadget to change same size circles as a group but what if they are all different? Much more work
What about square and rectangle slots that are often determined by the material thickness?

Like a lot of folks I took too long to start using layers, but the more I use them the more benefits I find. :shock:
I do still have an issue forgetting to activate the layer I am changing... sure would like a check box for 'the last selected' layer :D
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale