Space Selection help!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
David.baird
Model of CNC Machine: X-Carve 1000mm

Space Selection help!

Post by David.baird »

I am trying to evenly space multiple lines of Text on a project. When I select the objects and click the "Space Selection" button, I get random...and screwed up...results. Anyone else having the same problem? Is it something I'm doing wrong? I've tried selecting the "inside lines" first, then the upper and lower lines...and I've tried selecting it all at once, and several other methods...all with negative results.
Attachments
Here is a PIC before I use the "Space Selection" button.
Here is a PIC before I use the "Space Selection" button.
One result of using the "Space Selection" option.
One result of using the "Space Selection" option.
Another result.
Another result.
and yet another result.
and yet another result.

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: Space Selection help!

Post by mezalick »

You may need to have more space between the 1st and last item selected...

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

StuC
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC

Post by StuC »

Hi David,

To get your text items to space in the correct order with equal spacing you should be able to individually select the text items going from the first one down to the the last (top to bottom order) and then press the vertical spacing button. As the spacing places the remaining items between first and last items selected you need to make sure the top one is the first selected and the bottom one the last. Currently when using group selection the order of the first and last item in that group selection will depend on the order in which they were created so it might not give you the results you are looking for.

We will have a look into this and see if we can make it a bit more intuitive, specially when using group selections.

Stu

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Just to add, I have found that Box selecting doesn't give the results I expect so select each line of text individually, just one other small point, even when you have it spaced it won't look right as you have it just now. The commas extend below the bottom of the text so the spacing on those lines will look wrong :lol: :lol:
I would change the commers to full stops, align the text as you want it & then once finished change them back to a comma :lol: :lol: