Needing Post processor for DDCSV 2.1 controller

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
makecnc
Model of CNC Machine: many

Needing Post processor for DDCSV 2.1 controller

Post by makecnc »

HI all i have found a really nice unit that allows me to control a CNC Router or mill etc
without needing an external computer or software like MACH 3 etc
it's called DDCSV 2.1

and is available on eBay with an MPG pendant for about $300 shipped

MACH 3 alone is $175 not to mention the cost of a computer and MPG wheel

anyhow i love this little unit but i need a post processor to use it with Aspire and other Vectric software
can anyone help?

Tailmaker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built 4-axis Router

Re: Needing Post processor for DDCSV 2.1 controller

Post by Tailmaker »

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Looks like it runs "standard" g-code loaded from a usb thumb drive. Shouldn't be any problem running that with Vectric software using the g-code post processor. If it needs any additional setup commands in the header they are easily added assuming they are documented or are in sample files.

seanm
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: 6040 Desktop CNC

Post by seanm »

I had two of these, ill explain why in a moment, but as Adrian said they do use just standard gcode.

The problem i had with both of these units is that they were no good for 3D rastering work, both units used to freeze after running for around 5 to 10 minutes. A little digging on the internet i found others were having the same problem. Some mentioned a firmware flash would solve the problem, it never did with me so i sent them both back. It would probably be wise you test a 3D raster in case yours also suffers with the same problem.

silyavski
Model of CNC Machine: romaxx hs1

Post by silyavski »

I have run 10 million lines 3d G code with 20m/min speed and 3000mm/sec acceleration without any glitch. If you used a different than the original USB drive then thats the reason. One must use a Genuine USB drive from reputable sellers.