Using a Wacom Intuos Pro with Aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Ccd001
Model of CNC Machine: Cybertekk 5x10

Using a Wacom Intuos Pro with Aspire

Post by Ccd001 »

Is anyone using the WACOM Intuous Pro with ASPIRE? I am having trouble in the Node Editing Mode. When I place the pencil on a node it moves the entire piece rather than allowing me to do any node editing. I can use in drawing mode and other functions but not in Node editing. Also every time I do any kind of click a keyboard pops up the screen and you have to click on "X" to remove.
I would sincerely appreciate any help in the settings of either program to help facilitate the use of the Intuous Pro.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Using a Wacom Intuos Pro with Aspire

Post by mtylerfl »

Ccd001 wrote:Is anyone using the WACOM Intuous Pro with ASPIRE? I am having trouble in the Node Editing Mode. I can use in drawing mode and other functions but not in Node editing...
Ccd001 wrote: When I place the pencil on a node it moves the entire piece rather than allowing me to do any node editing.

Hi Ron,

Make sure after you select the vector, you press the letter "N" on the keyboard to enable Node Edit Mode. You should be able to touch down on any node, and move (drag) the node and/or its control handles without moving the entire vector/object.

To change a node from a "hard corner" node segment to a "smooth" (Bézier curve) segment you HOVER (do NOT touch the pen to the tablet surface) over a node and use either the shortcut key "S" or right-click via hovering over the node and pressing the pen rocker-toggle switch once to select (or de-select) "smooth" from a pop-up menu.

Ccd001 wrote: Also every time I do any kind of click a keyboard pops up the screen and you have to click on "X" to remove.

I'm not exactly certain what that is. Could it be a Text input window? It shouldn't pop up unless you are actually in some kind of text entering mode.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

mtylerfl wrote:
Ccd001 wrote: Also every time I do any kind of click a keyboard pops up the screen and you have to click on "X" to remove.

I'm not exactly certain what that is. Could it be a Text input window? It shouldn't pop up unless you are actually in some kind of text entering mode.
Maybe a predefined shortcut to the Windows virtual keyboard. Look at the task bar.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

I've been using the Wacom for several years. The screen you're referring to is associated with the touchscreen option.
You will need to turn the "touch Screen" option off.
Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

Gocarter
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ pilot pro

Post by Gocarter »

I use the Wacom Intuos (not pro) tablet for my modeling in Aspire. I have not used it for anything else. Personally I find the mouse easier for most functions, but for modeling, it works great.

Ccd001
Model of CNC Machine: Cybertekk 5x10

Post by Ccd001 »

With the help of WACOM customer support I have solved the issue. In the properties "mapping" section, I had the "pen" mode checked instead of the "mouse" mode checked. After moving to mouse the pen now works in every way like a mouse. As with most issues, it is always something simple, you just have to find the simple. Thanks to everyone that posted a response.

mattschorr
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro8+

Post by mattschorr »

Thank you I bought a Wacom and was having the same issue last night. I will check my settings.