Wrapped Job Setup Gadget in V 9.5

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
MarkL
Model of CNC Machine: Avid 4848 Pro CNC

Wrapped Job Setup Gadget in V 9.5

Post by MarkL »

Are there any plans to incorporate (or offer) the Wrapped Job Setup gadget into version 9.5 of VCarve Pro? To use it, I have to go into VCarve Version 9.0, set up the file, then open it in Version 9.5 to be able to use the Turned Profile gadget.

Thanks!

Mark Lindsay
Double check, triple check, measure, measure, cut...

MarkLindsayCNC

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Wrapped Job Setup Gadget in V 9.5

Post by mtylerfl »

MarkL wrote:Are there any plans to incorporate (or offer) the Wrapped Job Setup gadget into version 9.5 of VCarve Pro? To use it, I have to go into VCarve Version 9.0, set up the file, then open it in Version 9.5 to be able to use the Turned Profile gadget.

Thanks!

Mark Lindsay
Hi Mark,

I don't think you need the old Wrapped Job Gadget any longer for current versions of the software...the 9.5 version lets you setup a rotary project during the New Job setup.

(Maybe Randall or Gary or others will chime in who have good experience with rotary on old and current software versions.)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

You can achieve the same thing using the moulding toolpath with rotary in Vcarve.
Attachments
MouldingRotary.crv
(434.5 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
RotaryMoulding.JPG
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

MarkL

Post by MarkL »

Rcnewcomb wrote:You can achieve the same thing using the moulding toolpath with rotary in Vcarve.
I hadn't thought about using the moulding toolpath. I'm still used to using the Turned Profile gadget.

Thank you! Onward to experiment!

MarkLindsayCNC

MarkL

Post by MarkL »

mtylerfl wrote:
MarkL wrote:Are there any plans to incorporate (or offer) the Wrapped Job Setup gadget into version 9.5 of VCarve Pro? To use it, I have to go into VCarve Version 9.0, set up the file, then open it in Version 9.5 to be able to use the Turned Profile gadget.

Thanks!

Mark Lindsay
Hi Mark,

I don't think you need the old Wrapped Job Gadget any longer for current versions of the software...the 9.5 version lets you setup a rotary project during the New Job setup.

(Maybe Randall or Gary or others will chime in who have good experience with rotary on old and current software versions.)
Yes, I know that 9.5 lets me set up a rotary project - I use it. But to use the Turned Profile gadget, you have to use the Wrapped Job Setup gadget. I'm currently setting up a file in Version 9.0 using the Wrapped Job Setup gadget, saving it, then opening it in version 9.5 in order to use the Turned Profile gadget. I was just wondering if either the Wrapped Job Setup gadget would be made available in version 9.5, or if the Turned Profile gadget could be updated to accept the job as set up in the rotary job setup used in version 9.5. Either one would be a big help.

MarkLindsayCNC

gregk
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by gregk »

Hi Mark,

Just to let you (and other users of Turned Profile gadget) know, the gadget has now been updated to version 1.4, that is compatible with v9.5.
Please note that the website may still say that the version is 1.3, but the link was updated to point to version 1.4.

To further clarify the Wrapped Job Setup gadget will no longer be offered beginning with version 9.5, since its functionality has been replaced with native rotary job support.
If there are any remaining 3rd party gadgets that relied on Wrapped Job Setup, those can be updated by their respective developers to use new LUA API to access rotary job parameters.

Greg K

MarkL

Post by MarkL »

gregk wrote:Hi Mark,

Just to let you (and other users of Turned Profile gadget) know, the gadget has now been updated to version 1.4, that is compatible with v9.5.
Please note that the website may still say that the version is 1.3, but the link was updated to point to version 1.4.

To further clarify the Wrapped Job Setup gadget will no longer be offered beginning with version 9.5, since its functionality has been replaced with native rotary job support.
If there are any remaining 3rd party gadgets that relied on Wrapped Job Setup, those can be updated by their respective developers to use new LUA API to access rotary job parameters.

Greg K

Thank you very much, Greg! This update fit the bill perfectly!

MarkLindsayCNC