Will not re-calculate --- WHY???

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Will not re-calculate --- WHY???

Post by sharkcutup »

I have this file that when you changed (rotate) the vectors orientation from horizontal to vertical and then re-calculate toolpaths it will not re-calculate them. I have tried several different methods and it does not want to re-calculate the toolpaths. I have done this many times on other projects. There is something different about this file and the other files within the Vectric Free Mail Repository Project that does not allow you to re-calculate the toolpaths.

I am wanting to re-orientate vectors then save the file and import the file into a project where I can cut multiple parts from on a 11.25" x 48" material board.

I am providing the file here (which is a file from the Vectric Free Mail Repository Project) so that other may try to rotate the vectors and try to re-calculate the toolpaths.
LETTERS_Panels.crv
(1.99 MiB) Downloaded 120 times
Note: After rotating vectors I tried selecting each toolpath individually and clicked calculate and it worked on each one individually. (Strange behaviour)

Any help would be Appreciated,

Sharkcutup
Last edited by sharkcutup on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Will not re-calculate --- WHY???

Post by Adrian »

They're all calculating fine for me in any position.

The toolpaths aren't associated with layers so the toolpath calculation has to be done manually by going into each toolpath and clicking Calculate. You can only use the re-calculate icon if the toolpaths are setup with an automatic association to layers.

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

After rotation have you tried moving the datum from corner of material to center and re-calculate? On mine the re-calc just keep running on and on never stops. Strange behaviour here!

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Well no because there wasn't a need to do that but I have now and it still calculates fine either by the prompt or manually. Are you on the latest version 9.511?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Send it to Vectric lol, just tried this myself in the latest version & if you alter the material size & move xy datum to centre first then it never seems to complete the recaclculations, thought it might be just slow on your machine but having tried it on my design computer which has a reasonable spec it is just the same.
If however you rotate the vectors, recacculate the toolpaths & then alter the material size it works just fine :lol: :lol:
You will obviously need to recentre & recalculate again after which I did but seems to work ok :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

Adrian,

Yes, I have upgraded to the latest version.

This is what I have thus far

1. Rotate vectors --- good!
2. Individually re-calculate each toolpath - good!
3. Change material size to fit vectors - good!
4. Re-Center vectors to material - good!
5. Individually re-calculate each toolpath again - good!
6. Change datum to center (auto re-calc when selecting ok) - Nope, no can do!!!

I am able to move(export) vectors as that is what I originally wanted to do but I also wanted to reveal that the program seems to be un-stable at least on my system any how!

Sharkcutup
Last edited by sharkcutup on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-Carve Pro 11.554

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

I'm running Aspire so it may work differently, but I tried changing the Datum point to several positions and recalculating all toolpaths and it works fine.
John
Maker of Chips

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

John,

Before or after rotating vectors?? Before works fine her too but after rotating vectors it does not.

Wow! That is odd!

Martin was having an issue too! HUH???

I guess I will try downloading the upgrade again to see if that may change things here.

Sharkcutup
Last edited by sharkcutup on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
V-Carve Pro 11.554

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

OK this is what I did that seemed to work, done with latest version of Aspire BUT there should be no difference between Aspire & Vcarve for this.

Opened your file
Rotated the vectors
Recalculated all toolpaths (not individually but using the recalc icon)
Went back to drawing view & used the job set up to alter the material size & x y datum position, clicked OK
When message to recalculate poped up I hit yes, all toolpaths recalculated OK
Selected all vectors & hit F9 to centre everything
Went back to toolpath menu & hit recalculate all toolpaths again
All toolpaths seemed to recalc OK only got the material thickness warning come up.

I didn't preview the final toolpaths but everything else seemed to work OK so no reason why it wouldn't be good :lol: :lol: :lol:

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

This is a project I have never made but it seems to be from quite an old version of the software when it was only available as 32 bit, maybe changes have made a difference although I can't see how.

I have never actually cut a project from the provided toolpaths, my machine is very different to Michael Tylers & my settings are different to those he uses, I always retoolpath the free vectric projects before cutting so would never see this sort of behaviour :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh & Michael Tyler obviously has a lot more money than me because there is always loads of waste material around the bits you need :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Sharkcutup,

I rotated, and even flipped the vectors and it still recalculates all toolpaths correctly.
John
Maker of Chips

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

Reloaded upgrade to 9.511 still getting the same results.

It is an older file from a previous version so that may have something to with its quirks. :roll: I have been able to get the vectors into the orientation that I require so that is a plus.

I have tried every angle I could think of and I still was not able to re-calculate toolpaths after any DATUM change. Very odd but as I said the program file is from an earlier version! :roll:

Thanks Everyone for your help :D

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

Try this, done with Aspire but that shouldn't make a difference, saved as a CRV file so you can open it :lol: :lol:
LETTERS_Panels (1).crv
(2.06 MiB) Downloaded 90 times

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard

Post by sharkcutup »

Martin54,

Thank you appreciate the effort.

It is interesting to note that even though we all were pretty much using the same version of the programs the same file seemed to work differently on several different systems.

I have what I need now so this post is in my situation is solved/closed. But on the other hand, if another user was to want to use the file he/she may run into similar circumstances, datum not able to be changed, toolpaths not re-calculating, etc., etc., etc... :roll: :roll:

I am by the way using the latest MS Windows 10 on a 64 bit HP Pavilion 500 PC, with V-Carve Pro Version 9.511

Thanks again everyone! :D

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro 11.554

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

Vectric are the best people to give an answer, I can only guess what the problem may be, I can build computers easy enough but using & understanding the software is a different game altogether :lol: :lol:

Don't actually think it has anything to do with the operating system, I tried it on an older laptop running windows 7 pro & my design computer which runs windows 10 pro, both 64 bit because of the amount of memory they have :lol: :lol: :lol:

You only really needed the vectors to start with & that bit worked ok from what you said, I was just curious which is why I had a go & posting the file was just to see if it would run on your system OK once the changes had been made. :lol: :lol: