Release text on a curve?

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Beamer
Model of CNC Machine: Self-bult of my own design.

Release text on a curve?

Post by Beamer »

I love the new live text editing features in 9.5 --- however, sometimes I need to release it and make the text flat again. Used to be, you just edit the text and apply and text reset. Is there some way now with the live edit to remove the text from the vector?

I apologize if I'm missing the obvious - I've been clicking around for a bit and figured I'd just ask... lol

Thanks
Jason Beam
Sacramento, CA
http://beamerweb.com

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Release text on a curve?

Post by Leo »

I don't know - but I was thinking about it and thought.

Can you just apply the text to a new curve, but just use a straight line?

Sorry - just thinking out loud.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Beamer
Model of CNC Machine: Self-bult of my own design.

Post by Beamer »

Leo wrote:I don't know - but I was thinking about it and thought.

Can you just apply the text to a new curve, but just use a straight line?

Sorry - just thinking out loud.
Yeah, that was kinda where i was heading - a little less elegant than I'd like but definitely possible. Thankfully most of my curved text projects are setup as templates and I don't need to do this too often.

I've also found just copying the text and clicking to start a new element and pasting works - and is probably a bit faster, too.

Ideally, just right clicking the text and having an option to "Remove from path" or something like that would be great.
Jason Beam
Sacramento, CA
http://beamerweb.com

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I don't use the text function within Vectric software very often but I would have thought the easiest way was to create 2 copies of the original text straight away, move one copy to a new layer & lock it if necessary. By doing that you always have a copy of the original text should you need to make any alterations. There is another advantage of doing this as well, which is that if you return to the project at a latter date it is simple to find out what font you originally used as you will always have a copy that is still a text element :lol: :lol: :lol: