double sided view difficult to see since 9.5 update

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Ton80
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3XXL / Carvewright RevB

double sided view difficult to see since 9.5 update

Post by Ton80 »

Has anyone noticed the view when selecting to toggle ON the double sided view has become very difficult to see the reverse side details? I looked at the options and didn't find where I can change this settings. I can barely make out the details on the reverse side when I toggle this view on in an effort to double/triple check my designs are right.

This was not the case prior to updating to 9.5

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: double sided view difficult to see since 9.5 update

Post by garylmast »

Make sure when you're imported that the "Create Both sides" is checked. After import, to see both sides, the icon at the top with turn on and off the other side.

Gary
Attachments
Capture1.JPG
Capture 2.JPG

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Ton80 wrote:Has anyone noticed the view when selecting to toggle ON the double sided view has become very difficult to see the reverse side details? I looked at the options and didn't find where I can change this settings. I can barely make out the details on the reverse side when I toggle this view on in an effort to double/triple check my designs are right.

This was not the case prior to updating to 9.5
Which view? 2D or 3D? 2D vectors or 3D models? It seems fine in both to me with 9.5 but I might be looking at something differently to you. A screenshot would help.

Ton80
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3XXL / Carvewright RevB

Post by Ton80 »

2D VIEW where you can see the reverse side vectors showing through as a visual confirmation everything is how you are designing.

Charlotte got back to me from support and said nothing has changed from 9.x to 9.5. The view was not this faint when I was running 9.0. My set up hasn't changed .. same monitors. I just can't make out the vectors on the reverse side well enough to confirm that my designs are properly set up.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 2.45.10 PM.png

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I have 9 and 9.5 installed and the double sided vector view is the same in both versions.

Has there been an automatic update of your graphics drivers perhaps that might have reset colour/brightness/hue settings that you might have set a while ago?

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Ton80,

Would it be possible for you to post screen shot of side 1 (you have already posted side 2)? We here at the forum would like to see what it is that you are comparing/aligning (provide it is not copyright material).

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I just can't make out the vectors on the reverse side well enough to confirm that my designs are properly set up.
I just checked my 2-D view, and although the vectors on the opposite side are faint. I can still see them. If it's a big problem, you can always copy the vectors to the other side and put them on a different layer and change the color so you can still distinguished that they are from the other side. If you have a very detailed design, I can see where you may have a problem.

Sorry about my earlier post, I thought you were talking about the 3-D view.

Gary

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

garylmast wrote: I just checked my 2-D view, and although the vectors on the opposite side are faint. I can still see them. If it's a big problem, you can always copy the vectors to the other side and put them on a different layer and change the color so you can still distinguished that they are from the other side. If you have a very detailed design, I can see where you may have a problem.
Are you seeing a difference between v9 and v9.5 though? That's the issue Ton80 is having. He could see them clearly in v9 but not in v9.5. For me both versions display exactly the same and clearly.

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

Adrian,

Maybe I have signs of dyslexia, but I didn't look again what software section I'm in. I used Aspire 9.510. Everything works there. However, maybe the suggestion of copying the vectors to the other side may still help out.

Gary

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Ton80,

Thanks for reporting this. You may have done so already but if not then it might be worth sending the file into support. The drawing colours and pens are changed as we move through and draw different objects so this may be happening because of the particular collection of items in the job. If this is happening for all two sided jobs then I suspect this is not the cause of the issue.

Cheers,
Adam