Can I change Icon Size?

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Can I change Icon Size?

Post by wb9tpg »

I'm running Vcarve Desktop 9.5 on Windows 7 and I find that my eyes are not as good as they were when I was younger and I would like larger Icons. I looked through the options menu and don't see anything in Vcarve to do that.

I tried going into Windows and set the View settings to Large Icons but it didn't have any effect on Vcarve. Is there any trick to getting Vcarve to display larger Icons?
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Can I change Icon Size?

Post by Adrian »

The icons are fixed in size. You can change the overall resolution in windows which will have the effect of making the icons (and everything else bigger). 1024x768 resolution will be bigger than 1920x1200 for example. You could also try changing the scaling size in windows if you're on a version that supports it.

At the end of the day we nearly all end up with spectacles though. In my early 40's I had perfect vision but now I'm in my early 50's I have to use spectacles for computer work and reading.

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

That worked. I had to play around with the setting for VMware Fusion to get the client resolution to stick but it's working nice now.
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

Tailmaker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built 4-axis Router

Post by Tailmaker »

I have a large 4k resolution screen and use a 3840x2160 resolution on a Nvidia Quadro card. At 100% item size it becomes indeed unreadable but with Win10 set to 200% item size (text, icons etc.) it works very well and is a perfect environment for CAD and CAM software. I am not sure though if Win7 can change the item size.