Box Creator

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets
highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Box Creator

Post by highpockets »

I've been using the Box Creator, it works great, but I have a few suggestions I'd like to see added/modified if possible.

The fields I circled do not keep the last used settings like the box dimensions do. It would be nice if they did.
Also it would be nice if there was a choice between the dimensions being the inside of the box or outside. Sometimes I'm more interested in the inside dimension of a box. Now I have to calculate the inside plus material thickness to get the right sizes.
Image 236.png
John
Maker of Chips

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Re: Box Creator

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Hi John,

As a IT guy, you will probably easily add your features to the lua script and submit them to Vectric support. Maybe the quickest way to benefit quickly of these modifications.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Number one, I can't find the Box Creator lua file, number two even if I could find it, I'd have no idea what to do.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
John
Maker of Chips

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

In fact the vgadget file is a zipped file. once you've unpacked it, you'll find the lua file and the html file that describes the dialog box.

If you don't want spending time on this, you'd probably better send your feature request to support.

HTH
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Where did you find the zip file for the Box Creator?
John
Maker of Chips

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

When you download the vgadget file from the gadgets site is it is actually a zip file. You don't really need to worry about that though as the contents are exactly the same as your installed folder in Public Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets\{program ver}\BoxCreator.

Looking at the Lua file not all the settings are stored in the registry and, at a quick glance, it appears the joint width is only stored for finger joints.

You could modify it yourself but then you've got to make sure that you keep it in sync with any future changes from Vectric.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Thanks LGM and Adrian. I still can't find the Box Creator although it's installed in Aspire 9.5. My Gadget folder is located in Program Data/Vectric/Aspire/9.5/Gadgets. And even if I did find it I don't think I'd know how to change it. I think I'll just turn this request over to support.
John
Maker of Chips

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

That's the folder for gadgets that are supplied with Aspire. For gadgets you download and install from the gadgets site they go into the Vectric Files folder as in my previous post.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

My bad :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Looking in the wrong place. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Found it, still don't know what I'm looking at :shock: I've sent the request to support. I think that will workout better if they like and make the changes. As you stated I won't have to keep up with future version changes.
John
Maker of Chips

sharkcutup
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD3 Pro Extended Bed with Spindle

Post by sharkcutup »

Reference "Box Creator Gadget"

It would be nice if the "Box Creator Gadget" could include options for a "Bottom" & "Sides" (Bottom Edge) to be created with No-Tabs or Dovetails. Maybe in the place of Tabs or Dovetails include a Rabbet on the sides and ends bottom edge. Essentially thereby creating a box with only Tabs or Dovetails in the "four corners" with or without a Tabbed/Dovetail Lid.

Sharkcutup
V-Carve Pro Tips, Gadget Tips & Videos
YouTube Channel - Sharkcutup CNC
V-Carve Pro 11.554

jimandi5000
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Home Made 60 x 120

Post by jimandi5000 »

highpockets wrote:My bad :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Looking in the wrong place. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Found it, still don't know what I'm looking at :shock: I've sent the request to support. I think that will workout better if they like and make the changes. As you stated I won't have to keep up with future version changes.
Hi John,

Did you get the Gadget to retain the values? I am looking for something to do until I can get back in the shop.

Let me know.
Thanks,
Jim

highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Post by highpockets »

Hey Jim,

No I never tried very hard, it meant learning the script language and quite frankly it was just too much for my feeble brain to handle :D :D

Actually you PM caught me off guard, I had forgotten all about the issue :lol:

If you could take it on and fix it, that would be great!!!

I tip my hat to you, you've come up with some really nice Gadgets.
John
Maker of Chips