Box Creator

This forum has been created for users to submit suggestions for Gadgets

Box Creator

Postby highpockets » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:06 am

I've been using the Box Creator, it works great, but I have a few suggestions I'd like to see added/modified if possible.

The fields I circled do not keep the last used settings like the box dimensions do. It would be nice if they did.
Also it would be nice if there was a choice between the dimensions being the inside of the box or outside. Sometimes I'm more interested in the inside dimension of a box. Now I have to calculate the inside plus material thickness to get the right sizes.

Image 236.png
John
Maker of Chips
highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: Box Creator

Postby LittleGreyMan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi John,

As a IT guy, you will probably easily add your features to the lua script and submit them to Vectric support. Maybe the quickest way to benefit quickly of these modifications.
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517
LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Postby highpockets » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:29 pm

Number one, I can't find the Box Creator lua file, number two even if I could find it, I'd have no idea what to do.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
John
Maker of Chips
highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Postby LittleGreyMan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:35 am

In fact the vgadget file is a zipped file. once you've unpacked it, you'll find the lua file and the html file that describes the dialog box.

If you don't want spending time on this, you'd probably better send your feature request to support.

HTH
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517
LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Postby highpockets » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:46 pm

Where did you find the zip file for the Box Creator?
John
Maker of Chips
highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Postby Adrian » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:04 pm

When you download the vgadget file from the gadgets site is it is actually a zip file. You don't really need to worry about that though as the contents are exactly the same as your installed folder in Public Documents\Vectric Files\Gadgets\{program ver}\BoxCreator.

Looking at the Lua file not all the settings are stored in the registry and, at a quick glance, it appears the joint width is only stored for finger joints.

You could modify it yourself but then you've got to make sure that you keep it in sync with any future changes from Vectric.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby highpockets » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:22 pm

Thanks LGM and Adrian. I still can't find the Box Creator although it's installed in Aspire 9.5. My Gadget folder is located in Program Data/Vectric/Aspire/9.5/Gadgets. And even if I did find it I don't think I'd know how to change it. I think I'll just turn this request over to support.
John
Maker of Chips
highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Postby Adrian » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:45 pm

That's the folder for gadgets that are supplied with Aspire. For gadgets you download and install from the gadgets site they go into the Vectric Files folder as in my previous post.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby highpockets » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:43 pm

My bad :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Looking in the wrong place. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Found it, still don't know what I'm looking at :shock: I've sent the request to support. I think that will workout better if they like and make the changes. As you stated I won't have to keep up with future version changes.
John
Maker of Chips
highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Return to Gadgets - Requests