Aspire v9.5 is here!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
EdwardP
Vectric Staff

Aspire v9.5 is here!

Post by EdwardP »

We are delighted to announce the release of Aspire v9.5 - a FREE update for all v9 customers. As of today, everyone running Aspire v9 on a computer with internet access will see an update notification in the top right-hand corner of its main window. Simply click on the notification link, log in to your V&Co account and download the full installer for the latest v9.5 features.

If you run Aspire on a computer without internet access, you can still access your account and download the installer from any other internet enabled computer by visiting the V&Co site directly using your web browser

https://portal.vectric.com/

Videos demonstrating the new features can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... e3zI-eVKzv

The highlights of this release are:
  • Rotary Axis Job Support - Create rotary projects and visualize your job in a wrapped environment, with the ability to create and simulate the toolpaths in an auto-wrapped simulation.

Picture Editor - Change the contrast, brightness and gamma of your imported bitmaps. Make them black and white, apply borders and crop them to fit your design.

In-place text editing and transformations - See live feedback of the text that you create and edit. Text maintains formatting, allowing you to easily make edits after the text has been created without losing transforms, spacing or kerning.

3D Helical Arcs in Ramping – Makes for smoother cuts and smaller file sizes for machines that support this option.

Online Clipart Access - See the clipart you are entitled to and download the pieces you want, when you want them, directly from within your software.
Please note: v9.5 is a complete installation that will install alongside and independently of your existing v9 software. Once you've installed v9.5, v9 will still be available so make sure you are running the latest version by checking the text in the main window title bar (top-left). As soon as you are happy with your update, you can go ahead and uninstall v9.

Forgotten your V&Co password?
Just follow the link under password entry box on the V&Co login page to reset it.

Forgotten your V&Co username?
This is usually the email address you registered with us when you first purchased Aspire. If you're still not sure, follow the link to email support and we can help you get back up and running.
Attachments
v9.5update.PNG

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Re: Aspire v9.5 is here!

Post by ohiolyons »

Thanks
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

Post by Soapyjoe »

Hi,

Is version 9.5 generally available in the U.K.?

In the top right hand corner of my screen I have a notification that Version 9.015 is available.
I called myself to downloaded this several months ago.

How do I download Version 9.5?

Adam M
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: ___

Post by Adam M »

Soapyjoe wrote:Hi,

Is version 9.5 generally available in the U.K.?

In the top right hand corner of my screen I have a notification that Version 9.015 is available.
I called myself to downloaded this several months ago.

How do I download Version 9.5?
Yes, you just need to log into your portal account at portal.vectric.com

Once you have logged in, you can view your downloads and the 9.5 installer will be there.

Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

Post by Soapyjoe »

Thanks Adam,

Downloaded 9.5 successfully

Soapy

jarm2
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: C&CNC electronics 4x4 ext aluminum table

Post by jarm2 »

Downloaded and installed with no issues. Really like the text changes. That will make text additions much easier. Thanks, Vectric. Not sure what the vtransfer routine is for??
Aspire 11 ViaCAD Pro 12 Corel 2019 W 10, 2.2 kw spindle wireless pendant

redwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro6

Post by redwood »

Anything change in the clipart, that I might want to download? Thanks
Mark
Pioneer, CA

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

Post by Gundawg »

Do I need a new PP to make the new G93 arcs to work? My controller is Wincnc.

AdamJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: None

Post by AdamJ »

Gundawg wrote:Do I need a new PP to make the new G93 arcs to work? My controller is Wincnc.
Hi Gundawg,

The new new Helical Arcs feature (typically G2/3 not to be confused with the G93 inverse time mode feature) will require a post-processor change. I'm not familiar with the WinCNC controller so perhaps somebody with more experience of that specific controller can offer better advice but in order to enable it you need to define moves for the following commands

Code: Select all

+---------------------------------------------------
+  Commands output for clockwise helical arc  move
begin CW_HELICAL_ARC_MOVE

+  Commands output for first clockwise helical arc move
begin FIRST_CW_HELICAL_ARC_MOVE

+  Commands output for ccw helical arc move
begin CCW_HELICAL_ARC_MOVE

+  Commands output for ccw helical arc move
begin FIRST_CCW_HELICAL_ARC_MOVE

I hope this is of some help,
AdamJ

SparksStudios
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy PRS-Alpha 48 w/12" Z

Post by SparksStudios »

I stumbled across the 9.5 update this morning by chance and have not yet received the notification email, so I have to ask, is there an update to the clipart files as well?
ShopBot Buddy 48 w/12" Z + 8' Powerstick and Indexer
Aspire 11.55

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

Post by Gundawg »

Thanks Adam I have a custom PP that I did not make so I will see what needs to be done. The pp that came with my machine a Shop Sabre had issues with speed control so a friend gave me a PP he designed that addressed the issue and I have been using that one every since then. The PP that came with my machine in 2014 would drop the speed changes after the first bit change my machine is an auto tool change it appears it did not like the plunge speed and XY speed being matched I did that because I do a lot of spiral ramps boring holes in plastic. The new feature is something i would like to try.

Thanks Mike

AdamJ
Vectric Staff

Post by AdamJ »

SparksStudios wrote:I stumbled across the 9.5 update this morning by chance and have not yet received the notification email, so I have to ask, is there an update to the clipart files as well?
No update to the available clipart, typically that is something that only gets updated for major versions.

AdamJ
Vectric Staff

Post by AdamJ »

Gundawg wrote:Thanks Adam I have a custom PP that I did not make so I will see what needs to be done. The pp that came with my machine a Shop Sabre had issues with speed control so a friend gave me a PP he designed that addressed the issue and I have been using that one every since then. The PP that came with my machine in 2014 would drop the speed changes after the first bit change my machine is an auto tool change it appears it did not like the plunge speed and XY speed being matched I did that because I do a lot of spiral ramps boring holes in plastic. The new feature is something i would like to try.

Thanks Mike
No problem Mike. I do know that ShopSabre updated their post-processors for this release to add helical arc support, so it is probably worth examining those and seeing what has changed.

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

Thank you Adam
No problems whatsoever downloading it.
Now I just have to learn what's new :)
Cheers
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Re: 3D Helical Arcs in Ramping

Post by Timvmax »

Love the update, thanks all at Vectric.
Where do we find post processors for 3D Helical Arcs in Ramping?
I couldn't see a Mach 3 PP so I looked for the GCode one shown in the Demo video, can't find that either?