Creating New Brush Tool

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
ger.wat
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha

Creating New Brush Tool

Post by ger.wat »

I need to create a Brush Tool for deburring. Since there's not a category/tool type for that I tried using End Mill but have found I can't set the speed anywhere near slow enough. I could if I were making a drill but then I couldn't use it on a traveling toolpath. Too many restrictions. How do I get around these restrictions to make a traveling tool that can run at 300 - 2000 rpm?

jerry

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: Creating New Brush Tool

Post by martin54 »

Not sure I follow what you are saying, what is stopping you setting the speed at what ever value you want ?

What are you using to cut ? A router or a spindle ? A high speed spindle probably won't start at such a low speed & even if it does it won't have enough torque to cut butter (warm butter at that ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

At what point are you not able to set the speed? VCarve will let you set the RPM to anything you like so I'm presuming it's an issue when you go to run the actual file which would be your control software not VCarve.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

ger.wat wrote:... How do I get around these restrictions to make a traveling tool that can run at 300 - 2000 rpm?

jerry
Do you have to override the ShopBot factory programming to get the spindle to run at those low rpm's? (If I recall, I think the lowest rpm I can set is 5K)
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

ger.wat
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha

Post by ger.wat »

mtylerfl wrote:
ger.wat wrote:... How do I get around these restrictions to make a traveling tool that can run at 300 - 2000 rpm?

jerry
Do you have to override the ShopBot factory programming to get the spindle to run at those low rpm's? (If I recall, I think the lowest rpm I can set is 5K)
ShopBot Support was wondering the same thing. As it turns out I'm not getting 300 anyway, I just enter a speed of 300 in VCarve and the Variable Speed Drive, Yasikawa 1000, on my ShopBot outputs 4260rpm. So I merely assumed it was running 300 but no, it's 4260, a somewhat arbitrary number that the drive comes up with somehow as a compromise between my 300rpm input and what is "supposed" to be the slowest, which SB told me is set at 6000.

So I'll just have to work with that.