V crave pro problem

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
gunner
Model of CNC Machine: sharkhd4

V crave pro problem

Post by gunner »

I have a SharkHD4 using V-Carve pro9, problem i'm having is that while cutting when the cutter raises to move to new cut in the tool path it will hesitate before starting new cut. hesitation is anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds but while it is hesitating the TP lines continue to click off leaving up to sometimes 5k ignored lines at the finish. any ideas? Doesn't happen everytime its sporatic but aggravating thx

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: V crave pro problem

Post by Adrian »

Depending on the speed and memory of the control computer plus the size of the file most will hesitate when at the stage as the commands are buffered into memory before resuming the cut.

Are the cuts messing up? If it's cutting correctly then it's not an issue, it's just buffering.

kclayton
Model of CNC Machine: Mach 3

Post by kclayton »

[quote][/quote]
I have been experiencing something similar and don't know what to do next.
The machine from Marchant and Dice has worked perfectly for over two years with V-Carve pro8/9.
A month or so back while cutting it seemed to 'hang' for a split second and then continue.
Unfortunately the program continues and the work is spoilt to some degree.
What I do now is hit the stop button when it happens then go back to the beginning and start again.
It will then hopefully run through without stopping.
This happened yesterday in both roughing and finishing toolpaths.
I have tried to clean everywhere thinking it might be a tiny chip or dust to no avail.
Any ideas?
kevin clayton

kclayton
Model of CNC Machine: Mach 3

Post by kclayton »

FME1050.jpg
Sorry forgot to add that I am using a KRESS 1050 fme
Kevin Clayton

gunner
Model of CNC Machine: sharkhd4

Post by gunner »

Yes it is messing with the cuts it will leave a small sliver of wood where it should have cut. not sure abt what you're saying abt computer memory all I know is that I've cut a lot larger files with no problems. have been cutting almost daily since first of the year this only started last week

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

It's not going to be a VCarve problem then if you haven't changed anything at the end. You need to look at what might have changed in your control software, PC etc.