Two-sided problem

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Elite 4 X 4

Two-sided problem

Post by rwebcon »

I’m machining an insert for my saw and running in to a problem on side 2. I create all the geometry on side one and send two rectangular pockets to side 2. The tool path created on side 2 looks ok but when I machine the pockets on side two the geometry does not align properly. The pocket stay in the position as if it was machined from side 1. See picture. They should be shifted to left. I have looked at this for some time and cannot fine the problem.
Attachments
Felder Insert new design.crv3d
Aspire file
(221.5 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
Side 2
Side 2

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: Two-sided problem

Post by garylmast »

The file you posted vs. the picture, the inside pocket vectors are not in the same position. On the side you drew them (bottom side), they need to be shifted right. They have not been copied to the top side. Shift them to the right, and to copy to the other side, select the vectors, right click the mouse and select copy to other side. DO NOT copy first then select the other side then paste...it will be placed in the wrong position.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG

rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rwebcon »

I created the pocket on side 1 top side and as you look down from top they are in the right horizontal position. I then selected them and moved them to side 2 bottom. When you look at them by changing views it look OK, they shift from right to left but when I machine them they are not in the correct position. The picture show the bottom with pockets in wrong position horizonal.

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Is this what it should look like?
Image 179.png
Image 180.png
John
Maker of Chips

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Post by garylmast »

I then selected them and moved them to side 2 bottom. When you look at them by changing views it look OK, they shift from right to left but when I machine them they are not in the correct position.

DO NOT COPY and then paste the vectors on the opposite side, the vectors will be set wrong. Instead, RIGHT CLICK the vector with your mouse, then select COPY TO OTHER SIDE.

Gary
Attachments
Capture.JPG

rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rwebcon »

Yes highpockets that's what they should look like. I did not copy and paste! I used move to other side.....

rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rwebcon »

I have tried adding new geometry to side 2 but no luck..

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

rwebcon,

All I did was download your file and do a recalculate all toolpaths.
John
Maker of Chips

rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rwebcon »

Yes I have done that also but when you actually cut the part it is wrong! It looks fine when you look at both side on the screen but it does not cut right.

rwebcon
Vectric Apprentice

Post by rwebcon »

Found the problem. I had the alignment holes wrong. Sorry I'm a little slow at times. You look at something for a while and forget the simple things.