3D File location

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
pro70z28
Vectric Craftsman

3D File location

Post by pro70z28 »

I am setting up a file to make a header for a window in our home. I did a header for a door about a year ago using Aspire stock 3d files of oak leaves. I have the CD that I bought originally, that has free sample 3d files on it. I think that's where I got the oak leaves file. My problem is the computer won't take the CD anymore. It tries to load and then kicks it out. My question is, is there an online site where I can get free downloads of the oak leaf files? I've found a couple sites, but they seem to just have a limited sampling of files and no oak leaves. I'd appreciate any direction you could provide.
Thanks for your help.

Samson
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 4x4

Re: 3D File location

Post by Samson »

I don't have Aspire, but can you access the files through your portal?

c1nel1

Post by c1nel1 »

pro70z28
Vectric Craftsman

Post by pro70z28 »

I got through the project with the stock 3d files in Vcarve Pro, but I think I'll upgrade to Aspire so I can do my own 3d files. The free stock files got the job done this time though. Thanks for the help finding the files.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

pro70z28 wrote:I got through the project with the stock 3d files in Vcarve Pro, but I think I'll upgrade to Aspire so I can do my own 3d files. The free stock files got the job done this time though. Thanks for the help finding the files.
Glad to hear you are upgrading to Aspire. Once you have it, you'll probably wish you had done it sooner. It's a great feeling to have "no limitations" and be able to create your own custom models! Congrats!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

pro70z28
Vectric Craftsman

Post by pro70z28 »

Thanks mtylerfl. I have an older version of Aspire V3, but I switched to Vacrve when it was bundled with a new control board a bought awhile back. I didn't miss the change until the foyer project popped up. I'm looking forward to the new version. I did this several years ago with Aspire v2. It's close to life size, cut from big box store 2''x4'x8' foam.
camel painted left.jpg
Attachments
camel painted right.jpg

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Oh yeah, I remember that project and how impressed I was when I saw it! You are no stranger to Aspire, that's for sure! Thanks for posting those pics - great reminder of a great project!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

pro70z28 wrote:Thanks mtylerfl. I have an older version of Aspire V3, but I switched to Vacrve when it was bundled with a new control board a bought awhile back. I didn't miss the change until the foyer project popped up. I'm looking forward to the new version. I did this several years ago with Aspire v2. It's close to life size, cut from big box store 2''x4'x8' foam.
camel painted left.jpg
Wow!!! That's fantastic!!!
Some details would be nice.

How did you finish the foam after cutting?
John
Maker of Chips

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

Refer to this thread to read all about the camel project from 2009: The Christmas Camel experiment
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

pro70z28
Vectric Craftsman

Post by pro70z28 »

Rcnewcomb wrote:Refer to this thread to read all about the camel project from 2009: The Christmas Camel experiment
Thanks for the link Rcnewcomb. Wish I still had the photos that are lost in Photobucket. I have a few surviving shots of the project, but lost some due to a Hard Drive issue. Wow, hard to believe it's been that many years ago.

pro70z28
Vectric Craftsman

Post by pro70z28 »

I was pausing the site tonight and stumbled across this thread. I realized I never posted photos of the project I was hoping to do a custom design on. I still haven't upgraded to the latest Aspire, but it's still on the list. Probably do it when I upgrade the CNC. I have a 4th axis and a few other bells to install, but they're sitting in the box. I have a couple other projects ahead of it. Anyway I digress. Here's a few photos of the foyer wall, containing the window header and the entry door header, I was asking about. I ended up just using some stock Vcarve files to build a design for the window header. It got the job done, but Aspire would have been nice.
Foyer wall final 1sm.jpg
Foyer wall final 2asm.jpg
Foyer wall final 3sm.jpg
foyer entrance 2sm.jpg

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Absolutely stunning! Fantastic job. Looks like a lot of heart went into that (along with a lot of work!).
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Wow incredible piece of work there. Thanks for sharing.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

pro70z28
Vectric Craftsman

Post by pro70z28 »

Sorry, I seem to have dropped the ball on this thread. Thanks Mike & Dwayne for the comments.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage

Post by mtylerfl »

Yes, Aspire can do Rotary lithos. (Not for 3D printing). Folks have used PVC pipe for that, with an LED puck light inside mounted in the base

No need to create the “hollow cylinder” for 3D printing. More efficient and faster to just Rotary carve your Lithophane onto the pipe. The software doesn’t care if the cylindrical pipe is solid or not.

If you must 3D Print a hollow cylinder with a litho, you’ll need full 3D modeling software (such as Rhino, ZBrush, etc) to configure a suitable model

You probably should have started a new thread. This one is completely unrelated to the topic.
Maybe an Admin can move your question and my response to a new thread entitled “Rotary Lithophane” or something
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC