Help Please

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
neshra
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 23

Re: Help Please

Post by neshra »

Actually I really don't need shimming. I use Tapping Inserts and when I bolt down that metal brace they don't move at all. I just think it is certain areas of the wood.
Attachments
tapping_insert.png
tapping_insert.png (8.98 KiB) Viewed 795 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Don't underestimate the forces involved when cutting. I've secured material that I couldn't budge with all my strength yet it still moved when cutting.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Not sure how many of these you are doing at a time, if it is only 5 as in the photos then there might not be anything gained by having to do a bit change but if I had a job like this then I would look at pocketing with a larger bit to reduce the time it takes to machine the pockets & then run a profile toolpath with the smaller bit to reduce the corner radius
Could save you quite a bit of time if you could fit a much larger quantity in a jig at the same time :lol: :lol:

cbr_speedster

Post by cbr_speedster »

Maybe the pockets need to be cut larger to use a wedge on two sides to hold the parts from moving.. Also, have you tried roughing the pockets leaving .020 - .030 for a finish pass?

Ken Tipton
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by Ken Tipton »

neshra

I live only a couple of miles from you. Let me know if you would like to get together sometime and maybe we could figure it out together. I have a CNC and lots of bits to experiment with.

Ken