I found my ideal raised letter font, but can't identify it!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
Puertodeluna
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 3636

I found my ideal raised letter font, but can't identify it!

Post by Puertodeluna »

Hi guys,
I could really use some help here. Every once in a while I will do a job (Plaque) that requires lengthy wording and long lists of names... all 0.4375" or smaller in height. You would think this is not a problem, but up until a few days ago I was never able to find the ideal font that would simplify my job. With all the fonts available, and using roughing toolpaths with 1/8" end mills and finishing toolpaths with 0.5mm ball nose bits I've never been able to get clean lettering. I've always had to do lots of dremel work on the letter A especially... and forget even attempting to machine letters that are non-capitals.. Oh, and the prep work is very tedious with all the kerning (text-spacing) required prior to creating toolpaths.

So here's the deal... a few days ago I did a few plaques for Memorial Day to present to our Color Guard. I mistakenly loaded a pocket toolpath into one of the plaques where it should have been a V-carve toolpath.. this turned out to be a fortuitous moment for me in that I discovered a font that appears to be what I have been searching for all along. Amazingly, my mistake presented me with raised letters that were very small, yet very legible... and all this with a 60 degree V-bit with a 1/16" blunt tip.. I still am in disbelief that this carving was done with that bit, but there it is.. photos are included...

So I'm thinking... If a blunt-tip 60 degree V-bit can do that on 0.275" letters, what are the possibilities using a 30 degree sharp-tipped x 1/8" shank V-Bit to mill out 0.4375" high letters? I'm hoping for the perfect beveled raised lettering!

Alright...my problem now is that I have searched through hundreds, if not thousands of fonts and cannot find this font...Wahhhh!

I'm hoping that there is a "Font Guru" here who might be able to help me out..

See attached photos for explanation and illustration of the font I am searching for.

Thanks,
DavidImageImageImage

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: I found my ideal raised letter font, but can't identify

Post by Adrian »

If you still have the design with the text as text (not curves) then if you select the text and click the Text tool it will automatically select the matching font.

Looks most like Rockwell to me.

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

I use the site https://wordmark.it/ to help identify fonts that are already loaded on my computer...

Mihcael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

mark-s
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: diy 4 X 4 CNC Router

Post by mark-s »

Bookman Bold
mark-s

Puertodeluna
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre 3636

SOLVED..

Post by Puertodeluna »

Thank you, mark-s

Bookman Bold is exactly what I've been looking for!

Your help is much appreciated...

mark-s
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: diy 4 X 4 CNC Router

Post by mark-s »

Your Welcome.
mark-s