Semi-Alphabetical listing of Manual

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Xcarve

Semi-Alphabetical listing of Manual

Post by wolfeman »

I have tried to save a project as a spread sheet but since I have an older version it will not allow me to post it here so if someone want to take the time to do this with an upgraded version of spreadsheet here is what you do.
1) simply made a spread sheet and then copied the headings from the manual into the 1st column.
2) then do the same for the page numbers into the 2nd column.
3) then highlighted the whole spread sheet and tell it to put it in to alphabetical order.
Yes I know it can be better but for now this will help out. It sure cut down on time for looking for stuff. Hope this helps out someone.
Sorry I could not post what I have but, I am not paying money for a newer version of office. I know there are other options out there but just can not do that now and for those with other software like Aspire this could help you out too. Thanks

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: Semi-Alphabetical listing of Manual

Post by Rcnewcomb »

I'm not sure why you are doing that since in the Help manual you can press <Ctrl-f> and search for whatever you want.

But if it works for you then that is what matters.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wolfeman »

After all the reading I have done I have never come across the CTRL-F command anywhere , 2nd I did neglect to say I did this so that I could print it out and look through it while stuck on the couch for hours on end due to a medical problem. Yes that works for me but thanks for the info on the CTRL-F command. I had looked for something like that command, but you have to admit the help file is confusing when you have to click on some word at a bottom of a page that is just stuck at the bottom and no explanation. Nothing that says if you would like to see a PDF file of the manual click here or something like that. Thanks again.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Ctrl-F is the Windows standard for searching in browsers and most programs that use text such as PDF readers, word processors, spreadsheets etc. The help is displayed in your default browser and in your PDF reader if you choose to download the PDF version rather than in anything written by Vectric.

wolfeman
Vectric Apprentice

Post by wolfeman »

Again THANK YOU. I did not know that.