no toolpath generated

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
jimalee
Model of CNC Machine: Bobs E3 cnc

no toolpath generated

Post by jimalee »

I have been trying to create a profile toolpath to cut this pattern out. the board I am using is big enough for the .25 em to travel all the way around, but it keeps telling me . check tool can fit into selected vectors at machining depth. I don't understand what is going on. please help.
Attachments
New shelf.crv
(17.5 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: no toolpath generated

Post by highpockets »

You don't say, but if you're running VCP 9.x use Vector Validator on the vector.

In the upper cut to the left of the half circle you have an "Intersections" that's causing the problem. Use node edit to fix the problem.
John
Maker of Chips

jimalee

Post by jimalee »

thank you so much, I have been trying everything I could think of. I am very new at this and really appreciate the help.

jimalee

Post by jimalee »

highpockets wrote:You don't say, but if you're running VCP 9.x use Vector Validator on the vector.

In the upper cut to the left of the half circle you have an "Intersections" that's causing the problem. Use node edit to fix the problem.

just wanted to say thanks again, that fixed it. all of us that are new at this appreciate the help

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Glad it worked out.

Happy to help. We all need help from time to time, that's the great part about this forum.
John
Maker of Chips