Free Project - Weathered Slat Clock

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Free Project - Weathered Slat Clock

Post by Stephanie Downing »

The weathered slats clock is an easy project to make over a weekend and is a nice, functional shabby – chic decor item!

The 3D slat components were created with the Vectric Aspire software from a photo of aged and weathered slats.

Some of the software features used while designing this project include; creating a component from a bitmap, clear area of selected component tools, the drawing and node editing tools and the smoothing filter and sculpting tools.

Click the link below to see how Michael Tyler has created the project from start to finish...
https://release.vectric.com/weathered-slot-clock/

This project is available for Aspire version 9.0 users, we’ve recently updated your V&CO portal account to include all of the free content available to you in one place. To download the free project files and the full instructions for this project or to take a look at all of the other free content available to you simply login to your V&CO account below.
https://portal.vectric.com/login
Attachments
weathered_slat_clock_angle_view_550x737.png
weathered_slat_clock_front_view_750x807.png

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Re: Free Project - Weathered Slat Clock

Post by MarkJohnston »

Michael another great looking project. I especially like the video that you explain and show how to do the finishing.

I was wondering if you created the three models that you used for the textureing or did that come from somewhere else?

I want to do a rustic frame for a friend and thought that might be just what I'm looking for.

I cretianly want to do this fun project before long.

Thanks for all the great procects we can not only make but learn from.

Mark

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Mark,

Thank you. I created the models from a photo (create model from bitmap). I enlarged that model and cut out individual slats that I could then re-arrange to my liking. I left the original cutout models and the "master model" in hidden layers in the project. You can turn on those layers and peek at them if you wish.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

Michael,

I am having a little problem with the wood slat wall clock I hope you can help me with. I have several clocks, most are smaller than the one you used. So I want to scale it down and the problem I am having is with the cutout for the clock in the top part. It always stays selected even when I have all toolpaths shut off. I am trying to make it smaller and the corresponding circle and am having a terrible time doing so. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Bob,

Try de-selecting the circle by clicking anywhere on a blank part of the workspace.

Then select the circle again, choose the resize/transform tool and type the dimension you need.

Recalculate the toolpaths and you should be good to go.

Please let me know if that worked for you.

Note: if you need to resize the circle on the back panel, ungroup the vectors first, select just that circle, resize and regroup then recalc your profile vector cuts.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC