Aspire skipping parts

FORBRI40
Model of CNC Machine: SELF BUILT

Aspire skipping parts

Post by FORBRI40 »

Good morning all,

I have a 5 x 8' wood router that I built with all gear drives (ballscrew on z) and servo motors. I run ASPIRE and MACH 3..

I have cut many signs and projects but 2 nights ago I tried to cut a sign that has the shape of the USA and in it has the flags stars and stripes. I have cut this project several times with no issues but this night it would cut the stripes outline and then go back and forth across x axis to remove .050 for each stripe but it left about 3/4" from each end not cleared out to the .050 depth, even though it correctly outlined the stripe to begin with. I don't understand this at all. I have checked that the nodes did not get changed and ran it two more times on scrap but each stripe it does the same thing. Please does anyone have any ideas on this.

Thank You in advance

Mobius
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CRP Pro 4848 Custom Build

Re: ASPIRE SKIIPING PARTS

Post by Mobius »

And the preview shows it being correct?
Connor Bredin
Distinctive Dimensional Concepts Ltd.
www.distinctive-concepts.ca

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: ASPIRE SKIIPING PARTS

Post by martin54 »

As has already been asked, what does the toolpath preview look like ? Does it look like it should or does it look like what has been cut ?

Uploading the CRV3D file would help the board experts identify any issues (copyright permitting) If that is not possible then a couple of screenshots & a picture of what it is actually cutting would also be helpful :lol: :lol:

FORBRI40

Re: Aspire skipping parts

Post by FORBRI40 »

As a follow up. I reviewed the G code last night and it is correct. All of the moves in the G code goes exactly where it should. So Im unsure of what to check now. The tool path on the screen matches what is being cut and that is incorrect. Im thinking that the trouble is with the Mach program or settings.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

When you say the toolpath on the screen do you mean the Mach3 preview of the Aspire preview?

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

He said on the Mach forum that the Mach3 toolpath display matches the cuts he's getting. Which 99% of the time, would be a g-code issue. But he says the g-code is correct, which it should be coming from Aspire.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

FORBRI40

Post by FORBRI40 »

YES THE SCREEN ON MACH SHOWS THE TOOLPATH THAT IS BEING CUT WHICH IS INCORRECT. I WENT THROUGH THE G CODE LAST NIGHT STEP BY STEP AND THE CODE IS GOOD. BUT IT SEEMS MACH IS NOT GOING BY THE GCODE WHEN RUNNING THE PROGRAM. IT IS SIMPLY SKIPPING MUCH OF THE G CODE LIST

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello FORBRI40,

If you would like to send both your CRV3D file and the toolpath file that you are running in Mach3
into us at support, we will check these out for you.

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Mark.