Question on older version tutorial vids and project files

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Fred Grover
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Pilot Pro 5050

Question on older version tutorial vids and project files

Post by Fred Grover »

Hello everyone,

This may seem like a dumb question but I ask anyway. I have seen from doing a Google Search that the Older Versions of Vectric Aspire show up on the website with some of the files to be downloaded and also have the videos. So my question is we have Vectric Aspire Version 9 and it also has tutorials with the practice/project files to use which is great. But, in some of the older versions of Aspire it shows some different Projects/Videos that state they only came with the DVD when purchased. So with that being said I am wondering if there is a way to get those too as with the cost of Aspire I feel it should be noted that it would be nice for new users to also see how those are created that are in the older version(s) and not in Version 9. Is there anywhere to get those files and videos at all ? For example in Version 4 of Aspire it shows a Round WIndow but you cannot watch the video and do not have access to those training materials at all and it would be nice for things like that to also be included to learn those methods too or at least get an idea for us beginners. Thanks for any help and I hope to hear something positive back on being able to get those files and videos too. Have a gret day/night.

Cheers - Fred Grover.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Question on older version tutorial vids and project file

Post by Adrian »

Problem with older videos is that I've seen people on FaceBook groups get themselves tied up in knots not understanding the changes between the versions and why what they're seeing doesn't relate to the 8 year old YouTube video they've found.

The Round Window one, for example, covers two rail sweeps and combining 2D/3D all of which is covered in several V9 videos currently.

All my opinion of course.

Fred Grover
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Pilot Pro 5050

Post by Fred Grover »

That is a great point Adrian. I did not think of that but I would like to see how to do one of the Round Windows in Version 9 or get an example of how to create them. I can surely see the point you are making in your opinion and respect that my friend. Have a great day/night.

Cheers - Fred Grover.

ChiloquinRuss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 2008 48x96 ShopBot spindle and Aspire

Post by ChiloquinRuss »

If the tuts are really old, they are still very useful just as inspiration. Some times I get stuck trying to figure out a particular problem, and then I recall watching someone do something very similar. I watch tuts all the time and I'm on year 10 of Aspire and CNC. Have fun, good hunting! Russ
AKA: The Train Guy!

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Post by TSM2018 »

Before I purchased aspire I had printed the clip art guide for Aspire v8.5. It was part of my decision making process...

Lower left hand of your drawing screen, select the blue "clip art" tab, and select "decorative" from the menu above... if you are referring to the gothic cathedral style window in this video...