Re: Re:VCarve V9 is available NOW!

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro

Postby JoeM » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:07 am

Just a few questions:

Is there any way to move the 2D view controls and the layers tabs back over to the left instead of having them up there on top?

Where did the icons for Aligning Objects get hidden? I found the pulldown menu, not the icons on the left.

When I drag a point on a vector now I get some popup with grids and distance. How do I turn that off?
JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Postby IslaWW » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:40 am

Joe...
1) Nope

2) Open the pull down menu, click the button on lower left to "show on drawing tab"

3) Very top of the screen, two icons that are blue, one for "geometry snapping", the other for "smart snapping" toggle on/off for both
Gary Campbell
CNC Technology & Training
Control & ATC Retrofits
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com
IslaWW
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: SideWinder ATC & CNC Mill on WinCNC

Postby JoeM » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:05 am

IslaWW wrote:Joe...
1) Nope

2) Open the pull down menu, click the button on lower left to "show on drawing tab"

3) Very top of the screen, two icons that are blue, one for "geometry snapping", the other for "smart snapping" toggle on/off for both

Thanks, looks like I'm just going to stash 9.0 away and just work from 8.5 until something pops up where I can't live without it. Such simple changes and yet they completely turn me off.

1. Well that sucks. Wonder what the justification for that was - change for the sake of change? They couldn't just add the new features they wanted without rearranging everything else? Half the left-column isn't being used, there's no need to throw icons up top.
2. There are a lot of pulldown menus, I haven't found one yet that says "show on drawing tab". I found one for alignment, (Edit - Align Selected Objects - 9 options for alignment)), don't see an option for icons there.
3. I've toggled those buttons on/off/on/off/on/off. No matter what position they're in, I still see "distance #.#" when I drag a point.

I'd watch a tutorial, but I'm lazy and I just don't think I should have to relearn software completely just because of a simple upgrade. And I see the help file is now online. That's not going to be much help for those of us who aren't tied to the internet 24/7.

At least it was only $90.
JoeM
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Postby highpockets » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:00 am

2 - Click on the Align Select Object tool icon under Transform Objects on the Drawing Tab. At the bottom of the Alignment Tool window is the option "Show common tools on drawing tab"

3 - Under the Edit menu Snap Options (or press F4) uncheck Display Text at Cursor.

Personally I think you should contact Vectric and ask for your money back....
John
Maker of Chips
highpockets
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Postby Adrian » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:18 am

The help isn't totally online, it only goes online if there is an internet connection. It's on your PC in HTML format. Look at the address bar in the browser if you're offline. It's pointing to your local drive.

The alignment tools works in exactly the same way it did in 8.5. To show the tools on the drawing tab you had to do exactly the same steps.

If you can't be bothered to learn the changes then why ever upgrade? There's little point in bringing out a version that is identical to the last now is there? It's called progress.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby mdixon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:27 am

Hello

What is new in 9.010?
I cannot seem to find a patch list
mdixon
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: OX Machine

Postby mdixon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:29 am

Scrap that
Just installed it and it has a list.

Will test the merge toolpaths fix now - Great if its good!!!!!
mdixon
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: OX Machine

Postby GWDawg1 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Some good 8.5 tutorials available
GWDawg1

Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Postby RobH063 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:14 pm

I just upgraded from vcarve v8.5 Desktop to vcarve Pro v9. I have both now installed which I knew was going to be the case. I haven't opened any of my .crv files that I created previously in v8 Desktop in v9 Pro yet. When I do, do they automatically then become products of v9 or only if I make a change to a file and then re-save/re-calibrate it? I'm trying to avoid having all files open in v9 while only some open with v8. That might become frustrating if I try to open a file and have the wrong program open.
RobH063
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: 1000mm Xcarve

Postby Adrian » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:12 pm

A file type can only be associated with one program at a time and Windows doesn't really work well with two different programs with the same name. Only real way to get round it is to open the files directly from within VCarve rather than opening from windows.

The files won't be changed unless you've opened and saved them in the newer version. Installing a new version doesn't change existing files.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby RobH063 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Thank you Adrian
RobH063
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: 1000mm Xcarve

Previous

Return to VCarve - General