Distort Selected Objects

This forum is for general discussion regarding VCarve Pro
tjimholte
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom Pro 6+

Re: Distort Selected Objects

Post by tjimholte »

Thanks for all the help everyone but I am still dead in the water on this one. I tried the ungroup and that didn't make a difference.

It shows on the screen NOT greyed out but still says not valid. I get it to work with text (although it turns the text upside down) but having a heck of a time properly selecting the clip art.

Any other thought?

Bob Jr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom, Shark

Post by Bob Jr »

TJ,
I'm getting the same lack of results as you.
I even tried holding a rubber chicken over the keyboard, but nothing has worked so far.
We're talking about using VCarve Pro, right?
Bob
"Be accurate."
W. Tell

SteveNelson46
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger 1

Post by SteveNelson46 »

I used Aspire V9 and I don't have V-Carve so I really can't test it.
Steve

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Now that's interesting. I have both and what works in Aspire doesn't work in VCarve 9. No matter what I do I can't distort a 3D component in VCarve despite the Help saying I should be able to do so.

tjimholte
Vectric Apprentice

Post by tjimholte »

Adrian and Bob, thanks for validating that I'm not crazy!

I only have VCarve9 Desktop not Pro. I don't have a rubber chick but my cat walks across my keyboard helping from time to time :D

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Like some of the others I had originally used Aspire V9 as I didn't think there was any difference between the 2 programs for the distort tool, I have now tried it in Vcarve 8.5 (don't have vcarve 9) & it doesn't seem to work in that either so not something that is new to vcarve 9 :lol: :lol:

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

martin54 wrote:Like some of the others I had originally used Aspire V9 as I didn't think there was any difference between the 2 programs for the distort tool, I have now tried it in Vcarve 8.5 (don't have vcarve 9) & it doesn't seem to work in that either so not something that is new to vcarve 9 :lol: :lol:
I'm feeling much better, I tried it in VCP 8.5 (don't have 9) and didn't have any luck either. I figured it was an enhancement to VCP9 so I kept my mouth shut :lol: :lol: :lol: . In Aspire it's a piece of cake....
John
Maker of Chips

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I tried it in my test version of Aspire and it worked. It does not work for me in 9.01 of VCarve Pro.

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

Hello everyone,

Distorting components is an Aspire-only feature.

We found a small glitch in the documentation which may have been the cause of this mess and we're fixing that, so apologies for any confusion that caused.

See the comparison PDF here for the differences between the products http://www.vectric.com/media/docs/produ ... ompare.pdf.

Thanks

Mohamed
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

tjimholte
Vectric Apprentice

Post by tjimholte »

Thanks Mohamed,

You are 100% correct. My ops manual says I can distort a component so I tired to do it and when I couldn't I came to this group.

I was wondering how to elevate it to Vectric and was headed to Rockler today to ask them. Looks like problem solved.

Do you or someone from Vectric monitor thing like this or did someone somehow bring it to your attention? Just curious.

Thanks again,

TJ

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

tjimholte wrote:Thanks Mohamed,

You are 100% correct. My ops manual says I can distort a component so I tired to do it and when I couldn't I came to this group.

I was wondering how to elevate it to Vectric and was headed to Rockler today to ask them. Looks like problem solved.

Do you or someone from Vectric monitor thing like this or did someone somehow bring it to your attention? Just curious.

Thanks again,

TJ

Vectric staff do monitor the forum & on occasion will post a reply as Mohamed has done here but I think generally they try & leave the forum questions to other software users.
You also get the beta testers bringing things to Vectrics attention in the Beta test group just in case they have not seen something posted on the forum :lol: :lol:

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

tjimholte wrote:Thanks Mohamed,

Thanks again,

TJ
As Martin said, the support department monitor the forum and will relay it to development if they think it's a bug.

You can always email support@vectric.com with the issue and a link to the forum post if your issue is still not resolved or it's a bug, etc..

In this particular case, it was Brian that brought it to my attention.

Mohamed
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++