Ramping

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
phill05
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hybrid re-build

Ramping

Post by phill05 »

Say you are doing a internal profile cut on a circle and select "add ramps to tool path" then Spiral is there anyway you can change the speed of the ramp down.

What I found is I had quite a few 5 mm and 16 mm holes to cut rather than using a peck drill sequence I prefer to end mill them out, the Spiral ramp is ideal on the 5 mm ones but takes a long time on the 16 mm ones so was looking if it is possible to increase the speed of Spiral for larger diameters a little.

Phill
A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"
—Louis Nizer

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Re: Ramping

Post by Timvmax »

Have you tried using a Circular Lead instead? You can then play with the Radius and lead length.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

A ramp is always going to be a mixture of Z and XY moves so it will be constrained by the movement of the slowest axis. If you increase the plunge rate that should speed up the ramp.

phill05
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Hybrid re-build

Post by phill05 »

Adrian wrote:A ramp is always going to be a mixture of Z and XY moves so it will be constrained by the movement of the slowest axis. If you increase the plunge rate that should speed up the ramp.
Thanks Adrian spot on,
I have the Z axis with a very slow down feed for cutting stone, I did not think of that it works a treat, Spiral works better for me than Radius & lead length no chance of harsh dig in's.

Phill
A person who works with his hands, his brain and his heart is an artist"
—Louis Nizer