Adding toolpath colors in Aspire

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
oneusageek
Model of CNC Machine: Chinese

Adding toolpath colors in Aspire

Post by oneusageek »

So I figured out how to add new colors for my background, meaning the wood, plastic, and/or metal that I'm carving into that you see in the Aspire cut preview screen. I am wondering if anyone can tell me how to add new colors for the actual toolpaths that are being carved. I have scoured the user manual and Google for this information, but I just cannot come up with an answer. I'm hoping it can even be done. Thanks for any help you can give me!

M Queen
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: WinCNC Hybrid

Re: Adding toolpath colors in Aspire

Post by M Queen »

Is this what you're asking about? From the Toolpath Preview dialog, choose the toolpath you want to set the color for and then click the down arrow beside Toolpath Color. Select the color you want for that toolpath and you're finished.
Attachments
Toolpath Colors.jpg
Mike Queen
Microsystems World CNC (WinCNC)
https://www.youtube.com/user/cncMike304

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You can create any colour you like with the More Colors, Custom link when selecting the toolpath colour. What you can't do is to actually save those colours to use in a separate job later. One way around that is to setup the toolpaths with the custom colours you want and then save the toolpaths as a toolpath template. When you import them into another job the colour goes with them.

oneusageek
Model of CNC Machine: Chinese

Post by oneusageek »

When you click the arrow next to 'toolpath colors', you are given a bunch of colors in a drop down to choose from. I want to add to the color selections that the drop down gives you. Is that a possibility?

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Yes it is possible see the screen shot below you can mix your own colors change gradients until you are satisfied. :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Capture.JPG
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

TimSchubach
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD MAKO

Post by TimSchubach »

Hi guys,

I'm trying to do the same thing, but my toolpath is comprised of an engraving toolpath and a clearance toolpath. If I choose the clearance toolpath and try to change its color, Aspire changes the engraving toolpath - NOT the clearance toolpath. I can't seem to change both the clearance and the engraving toolpaths.

My project has several overlapping toolpaths that are engraving/clearance toolpaths, and I want to use toolpath colors to make sure the overlaps are correct. Why would a clearance toolpath not take a color?

Thanks,
Tim

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Do you mean you're creating a VCarve/Engraving toolpath with a clearance tool? I can't replicate that issue. I can set the colours of the toolpaths independently without problem. Are you definitely using the toolpath colour rather than the global fill colour?

TimSchubach
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD MAKO

Post by TimSchubach »

Hi Adrian,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing, although now that I'm going through trying to get screen captures everything is working as it should. I'll chalk this one up to user error.

Thanks,
Tim