Colorcore

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
daibeer
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz S-1000

Colorcore

Post by daibeer »

Hi,
Does anyone know of a Colorcore supplier in the UK? Its a foamy type board which is multi coloured and used for sign writing. Thanks in advance.
Dave

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Colorcore

Post by Adrian »

Are you sure you have the right name? All the variants of Color Core I've used are hard laminates not foam.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

What is it you are doing? As Adrian has said Colorcore is a hard laminate (to my knowledge) same as Rowmark or Traffolyte usually used as an engraving laminate. Your description of a foamy type board sounds more like foamex of which there are many suppliers

daibeer
Vectric Craftsman

Post by daibeer »

Hi,
Thanks for your replies. I missed out the "King" in the post. Here is the link. http://www.kingplastic.com/products/king-colorcore/
Thanks

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

OK there are lots of different types of board on that link, most have different applications so if you tell us what you are wanting it for them it is easier to recommend a UK supplier, I have been a sign maker for 20 odd years so use different suppliers for different types of board :lol: :lol: :lol:

daibeer
Vectric Craftsman

Post by daibeer »

Hi, The board I am after has two colours on different layers so when you carve away the top layer, say white layer, the black layer shows through. Hope this makes sense.
Dave

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

colorcore doe s that, but it is a hard plastic in both cases, the spongy stuff is a different material.
Bob

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Following the link to the KING colorcore, it is an interesting product. Looks like it's 1/2" thick and is a type of PVC with multiple color layers - not the same as the Rowmark and similar stuff at all. Looks like it could simplify some kinds of signmaking quite a bit as long as the sign is 2 colors. I'm curious if anyone has used it.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

On the website it says it comes in 3 different thicknesses dealguy11, 1/4", 1/2" & 3/4" it's not a product I am familiar with to be honest but I have always been very wary of using foam type plastics externally because of problems with expansion & contraction :lol: :lol:

Bob Reda
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot 48x48 upgraded prt

Post by Bob Reda »

I've used it to make some signs. You get a lot of little fuzzies n the cut and their is a cetain v bit that you can use to help clean it up. It doesn't take a lot to cut through top layer to get to the 2nd color. easy to vcarve.

Bob

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

I think you're talking about Gravoply...https://www.gravograph.co.uk/products-a ... gravoply-2
Also available here http://www.pantograph.co.uk/engraving-materials.htm
although it's not soft and foamy?

martin54
Vectric Archimage

Post by martin54 »

Tim if you look at the link that was posted you will see that it's not an engraving laminate but a solid PVC material so it is soft but it won't be foamy :lol: :lol: as it won't contain the air that materials such as Foamex do.

Took this from the website:

Tool manufactures, such as Onsrud and Vortex, classify our material as ‘soft plastic’ in their catalogs and information. This is important because the geometry of the bit changes given the material it is intended to cut

So it is a soft material compared to an engraving laminate such as Rowmark or Traffalyte, I have no idea who sells either the King brand or an alternative in the UK but will ask on another forum I use :lol: :lol:

daibeer
Vectric Craftsman

Post by daibeer »

Many thanks