Mew machine

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Larry Cessna
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laquna Swift

Mew machine

Post by Larry Cessna »

All I am sure this has been asked many times but I will ask again as I find your input valuable.
I currently have a Laguna Swift cnc with a 3hp water cooled spindle. It is a 4x4 table with a hand held controller. I am very happy with the machine but would like to get a 4x8 machine. I have a hobby/small business and make all kind of stuff. 3d carvings, sign, guitars, inlays, cutting boards, edge lit signs and all the other fun stuff. I mostly cut wood and HDU. Every once and a while I will cut some aluminum. Well to get to the point I am looking to purchase a 4x8 as I don’t want to index the larger jobs and I would like to do some larger 3d stuff. My budget is under $20,000. I would like a vacuum table but not required and It would be nice to have the spindle go past the end of the table to do some dovetail box joints. Laguna has a swift for about $18000 plus $1500 for shipping but would like some other suggestions. I know about shopbot but they just don’t look as heave duty as a Laguna. I also know I can make a vacuum table I just don’t want to. LOL…. Anyway I want to buy the machine in the next few weeks so any recommendations would be great. I live in Delaware.
Thanks.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Mew machine

Post by Leo »

Larry,

I could type a LOT of stuff, BUT.

If you are happy with Laguna and want to upgrade to a larger machine - why look elsewhere?

If you call Laguna and talk to them, maybe you can offer your current machine as a partial payment. I'll bet you can negotiate a better than sticker price also.

Perhaps you can sell your current machine for a better than trade in price.

From what I see on youtube with Laguna, you are already in good hands.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

ctbjdm
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: TBD

Post by ctbjdm »

I'm relatively new to CNC, but went with CNC Router Parts (with their NEMA34 hardware) and haven't looked back. Comes as a kit - was simple to build and uses 80/20 aluminum as the structure. Has worked great and easily fits your budget. Curious to see other responses.

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

I built my first machine and am starting to outgrow it. In the interest of continuing my craft at a good pace i have really been looking hard at shop sabre products. I am not sure if I can build a machine as robust at a comparable price point. Just research research and then do a little more research. Like they say buy your second machine first.
The only reason I didnt follow this advice is I built my first machine which has served me extremely well to date.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

any recommendations would be great
Is there an option to get different rails/table for your current setup?

Otherwise, in addition to Laguna, which you already know...
CAMaster
ShopBot
ShopSabre
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

sawmiller
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: joe's rack and pinion hybrid

Post by sawmiller »

dont forget about support. i dont have a shopbot, but i visit thier forum regularly, there is a great bunch of guys there ready to answer any questions about thier machine. same with cammaster.
i would lurk on the companys forum, looking at times for questions answered, activity, before i dropped that kind of cash
woodmizer sawmill and joe's hybrid cnc, a good combination
In the heart of Tn

garyb
Vectric Apprentice

Post by garyb »

Larry, I have two 4x8x12" heavy duty in stock.
Send me an email and I will send you the specs and some photos
sales@beckwithdecor.com
Gary
Machine 2.jpg
Beckwith Decor Products
Custom CNC Tooling/Onsrud Distributor
http://www.beckwithdecor.com

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

No help whatsoever with the OP's question...just wanted to say I love the post Title Heading "Mew machine". I expected to see a CNC cat video or something.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

ChiloquinRuss
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 2008 48x96 ShopBot spindle and Aspire

Post by ChiloquinRuss »

10 years ago I went looking. My criteria was support, contact to users so I wasn't getting just sales hype, etc. Contacted ShopBot and they suggested some west coast users which I contacted. Responses were all positive. I bought a medium service 48x96 with a spindle. Now with thousands of jobs run, all is I can say is I love my 'bot'! :D Russ
AKA: The Train Guy!