Re: Re: Version 9.0 is here. Upgrade Now!

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Depends on exactly what it is that you want to do. With the current version you can export a model as an STL file and close the backside with a flat plane, leave it open or a copy of the model to give a symmetrical 3D shape.

You can also export a double-sided model as two separate models, one for the front and one for the back.

MrYuri
Model of CNC Machine: F-600

Post by MrYuri »

Adrian wrote:Depends on exactly what it is that you want to do. With the current version you can export a model as an STL file and close the backside with a flat plane, leave it open or a copy of the model to give a symmetrical 3D shape.

You can also export a double-sided model as two separate models, one for the front and one for the back.
By this, can you make plate-like shape?

supernat
Model of CNC Machine: AR8 Pro

Post by supernat »

I'm pleased to hear that the 3D model issue was fixed in v 9.09, but I would like to offer some input. I've been working with someone from Vectric for several weeks on this issue and was told repeatedly that they couldn't reproduce the failed import in version 9.07, 9.08, or 9.09. I told them it was any model, it worked in 8.5, and I even sent in the dump file. In fact, they just sent me an email about 2 days ago repeating this statement that they were still trying to produce it. If this was obviously a known issue, the customer support team needs to communicate better with the software guys.

Had I known it was fixed in 9.09, I would have tried that version, but instead I wiped my laptop clean and reinstalled Windows assuming a library from some other software I had was conflicting with it (I write software and had a lot of development applications installed with one-off libraries), because they said they couldn't reproduce it, and I did tell them every spec including windows 10, and made it out to seem like it was only me experiencing this. All only to find out it still failed.

I love the product, and I know stuff like this happens, don't get me wrong, I'm not angry about it. I'm just trying to give some constructive feedback.

Thanks,
Chris

mohamed
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Craft CNC DS1

Post by mohamed »

Thank you for the feedback Chris. You're right, this was a lack of internal communication on our part, so we apologise for the pain you had to go through. We'll try to make sure this doesn't happen in the future.

Mohamed
--------------
Mohamed
++++++++

sircarveabit
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Re: Version 9.0 is here. Upgrade Now!

Post by sircarveabit »

mohamed wrote:
KennesawGA wrote:I just upgraded from Vcarve Desktop v8.5 to Desktop 9 and I am very happy with all the improvements. But I do not understand why the ability to pull the list of Toolpaths out as a floating window was removed in V9.

In version 8 and 8.5 there was a small button on the bottom right of the screen (to the right of the "Show 2D Previews" and "Solid" check boxes. When that little button was clicked the "Toolpath Control" panel would open and it could be dragged around the screen.
This was very useful when a project had lots of toolpaths and you were trying to group toolpaths with the same tool together for saving.

Is there another way to do this now, or did we loose that little bit of functionality in V9?

Picture of what I am talking about is attached.
This will come back in the next update. Follow the release notes on how to get access to it.

Mohamed

I just upgraded to version 9.010 and the "Show 2D Previews" and "Solid" check boxes still are not there. Any update?

Sircarveabit

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

sircarveabit wrote: I just upgraded to version 9.010 and the "Show 2D Previews" and "Solid" check boxes still are not there. Any update?
Sircarveabit
The 2D previews and Solid check boxes (now icons) are on the top toolbar in V9. The change that was mentioned previously was to add the floating toolpath list icon back in at some point not put 2D preview/Solid boxes back to the previous locations. At least that's how I understand the previous posts.

sircarveabit
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger II

Post by sircarveabit »

Adrian wrote:
sircarveabit wrote: I just upgraded to version 9.010 and the "Show 2D Previews" and "Solid" check boxes still are not there. Any update?
Sircarveabit
The 2D previews and Solid check boxes (now icons) are on the top toolbar in V9. The change that was mentioned previously was to add the floating toolpath list icon back in at some point not put 2D preview/Solid boxes back to the previous locations. At least that's how I understand the previous posts.
Thank Adrian. Found it.

Jane Ndungu
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: TS1325

Post by Jane Ndungu »

Hi,
Has it been released to upgrade without payments? :) :) :) :)

Regards
Jane

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

Jane Ndungu wrote:Hi,
Has it been released to upgrade without payments? :) :) :) :)

Regards
Jane
whether or not you need to pay would depend on when you purchased your version of Aspire Jane :lol: